Tuesday, April 25, 2006

MBA Wrapping Up

2 weeks left of MBA. WOW. I worked for about an hour and a half last night on my final simulation for my capstone class – did below average which was frustrating. Just as frustrating was the fact that it was on selling cell phones, which I do in real life, and the options that are effective in the real world were not in the game, which made it annoying. A team member of mine had the same types of results his first time so he went back and did it a second time so he’d get better results. I’m candidly too lazy at this point to do that, especially because only your first results count.

Tonight in my sales class I have a presentation to give with my group of 3 other students. It’s over a Tom Peters book that I didn’t really care for but hopefully can be spun into a good presentation. We’ll get our take-home final in class tonight, which will be due next Tuesday. I’m expecting it to be pretty straight-forward without much difficulty.

I did spend about an hour working our group simulation last Thursday and I got our results to be just under 2X the analyst expectation (which is awesome!). I’m hoping we find ourselves in the top 3 tomorrow night once the game is run. We’re the second most profitable group in the class, that better show up in our stock price and final results!

3 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for school wrapping up! Good luck with your presentation.

Dale said...

Hey, which Tom Peters book was it? I read "Re-imagine" and I actually thought it was awesome!

Karen said...

It was the Circle of Innovation. It was okay... some good comments but overall i don't really like his writing style. Presentation went really well though!