Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Life around here

1) Nicole's had some weird symptoms in the last three weeks. She pukes 1-2 times in a fifteen minute period, most often the morning, and then has two days of diarrhea. Five days later the cycle repeats. Strange thing is that she's full of energy and other than not eating much she's her normal self. Kendall gave us some suggestions and we have one other lead on the issue. If she pukes again we'll be taking her back to the doctor. It was strange last night to be cheering for solid poop.

2) Chris's 4th tooth came in yesterday.

3) School is good for me - I have a core group of about 8 students (out of 27) who have an opinion on every single thing I throw out for discussion. There's another 8 who give thoughtful responses to several, but not all, questions and the rest sit and listen. I need to learn names quickly so I can call on the other 11. I have a great classroom though.

4) We've decided on our vacations for this year - we'll be headed to NYC in May, Michigan in July, and Arizona in October. NYC and AZ will be long weekend trips (one with kid(s), one without) to visit friends. Traverse City, MI will be the family vacation. I'd like to squeeze in another long weekend in there too but we'll have to see how the year plays out with vacation time. Nicole is very excited to go to NYC because she'll take her first airplane ride. I asked her how people get on the airplane and her deliberated response was "a big ladder". too cute!

5) I finished my cake decorating class this weekend. My roses were 80% successful. I need more practice but that's kind of the way it goes with perfecting any new skill. I think I'm going to hold off on course 2 for a little while....

6) I think we're back in 1st place in our bowling league! We have to bowl on Super Bowl Sunday though- bleh.

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

The vacation locations sound nice. I know I am going to Omaha this year for a wedding. I hope this is my only trip ever to Nebraska though.

I hope Nic is better soon, tummy issues are no fun!! Could it be an allergy?

YAY for the bowling league!

Katharine said...

Jen, your nebraska comment cracked me up. Love it.
I am no doctor...but i was wondering if Nicole's issues could be a food intolerance.
Yay for vacations...still trying to get mine all figured out myself.

Finlands finest said...

Anytime you feel the need to practice cake decorating, I'll help eat the practice cake!! :)

Martha said...

Jen, I've heard from numerous foodies that Omaha has some REALLY good restaurants!

I thought the same thing as Kat at #1 - any patterns to what she eats and her digestive issues?

Lots of vacations sound nice!

Keep it up on the roses! They are something that I swear, the first is downright ugly, but after the first, each one gets exponentially better!! Plus, I think they make an amazing touch to items. What type of buttercream did you make?

LisaMarie said...

Why Traverse City? Is this someplace I need to look into for a vacation???