Monday, February 08, 2010

Happening around here...

1) I got my Ruminations email this morning and cocked an eyebrow at one comment:
There seems to be a lot of confusion about proper post-first-date protocol. To me, it's very simple. Ladies, if a guy takes you out, common courtesy calls for you to email, text, or Facebook message within 48 hours to say thank you. You can't believe the amount of courage it took me to ask you out. So even if there is no connection and you never want to see me again, at least thank me for trying. It's like the participation trophy of dating.
Clearly I've been married too long. I had no idea....

2) Nicole is fully into playing pretend. She started a few weeks ago when she shared her Sleepy Bear with Jenna and now can go full-out pretending she's a princess, Dora, or an animal.

3) Nicole is also pretty big into emulating people. The two 'people' she wants to be most like are Ryann and Dora. Nearly every time we go to the bathroom and she needs to get changed I hear "I wear panties like Ry Ry." Fortunately these role models are more than acceptable to me.

4) Speaking of Ry Ry, I saw a super cute thing that I'd like to get her for her birthday (she'll be 3 on March 18). I know she'd really like it but the $20 price tag is, in my opinion, too much for what the item actually is. We spend more than $20 on her present so I'm half tempted to say "screw it" and get it anyway but the cost-conscious buyer in me still doesn't like to overpay...

5) We were the ONLY team in our bowling league to actually show up for our 5:30 league time. Since I could really care less about the Super Bowl that was just fine with me. I had to look on Yahoo! to see who won this morning and even then I only saw by reading the article they had with the best commercial clips.

6) Lastly, since I have more free time on my hands lately while the kids sleep I've been watching some new shows. So far I haven't been overly impressed but I have been moderately entertained. Things I've seen for the first time just in the last week: The Ultimate Cake-Off, Rich Bride Poor Bride, Toddlers & Tiaras, & Project Runway. I did DVR ANTM per Jen Johnson's enthusiasm. I'll keep you posted if there are any diamonds in the rough....

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like project runway mostly because I like people's creativity!!! I hope you enjoy ANTM!!

Viki said...

I'm actually glad we didn't see the Superbowl either. With regards to the commercials, I'm actually inclined to boycot CBS because of all of the hooplah surrounding those that they didn't allow...

Viki said...

Oh, and on to other things - is the item you're thinking of getting for Ryann something that could potentially go on sale, or find online for less $ ? Or, does the store have coupons regularly?