Friday, February 26, 2010

Yeah, I really did just blog about poop

Nicole is OFFICIALLY potty-trained (#1 & #2!). Today marks day 5 that she's been in panties only (except when sleeping but even then she's only wet about 50% of the time when she wakes up). HOORAY! Now comes my "terror" that we'll be in the far corner of Target when she announces she has to go, forcing me to tear ass across the store in mad panic to get her there on time....

On Tuesday Jim predicted that Nicole was constipated as she said her stomach hurt and she hadn't gone in a few days. Wednesday night she told me she had to poop and it clearly took a lot of effort. When I asked her if she was doing okay she told me it was "stuck". Eventually all worked itself out and I thought the problem was solved.

When she was concluding her bath though she said she had to go again. Out of the tub and onto her potty she went. After several minutes she announced she was done and needed toilet paper. When I went to empty her potty I got the shock of my life - the whole thing was about filled with poop. It was like 2X what an adult should poop and it just came out of my 2.5 year old. Where did she store all that poop!? It was so amazing I actually called Jim upstairs to see it.

Yeah, being so awed by a bowel movement that you call someone else to look at it and then that person willingly comes to see... now that's what you call a "parenting moment". No one else in their right mind would do this....

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Who said parents were in their right mind? Sadly - the poo discussions happen here too!

Laura said...

Congrats to Nicole! I'm worried of exactly the same thing about not making it to a potty in time at a store (or what about at a park?). I guess it's bound to happen eventually.

The poop story is hilarious. As a parent I totally get it!

Martha said...

FYI: stores apparently have an unwritten "you tinkle on it, you buy it" policy.
(my sister learned this while shopping with her daughter. She had to buy clothes that didn't fit.)
Congratulations, Nicole on your potty training and umm.....super poops. I'm sure you feel loads lighter now. :) (hahhaha, could you tell a difference picking her up??)
:D

Caitlin said...

Oh, that story made me laugh out loud! So funny! I'm sure Nicole feels like a new girl!

Viki said...

This made me laugh out loud, too. :-)

Finlands finest said...

That was great! I'm glad she got it all out of her!! :)

Katharine said...

I bet a warm bath was good for loosening things up for her...!

LisaMarie said...

I would have done the SAME THING! :)

Ms. Sarah said...

I laughed hysterically at the poop story, and can total relate because I go through the same type of issues with my teenagers! And it never stops being funny.

Katrin said...

Oh boy, I don't think I ever tried to imagine a potty full of poop. But I know that my parent-friends all like to tell stories about it. :)