Friday, January 29, 2010

Coming of Age

My co-worker just came in. He is letting his hair start to grey naturally (something he'd previously taken effort to cover up in the past) and for the first time his temples are all salt and pepper. I told him I liked his hair. Then I really looked at him.

I was caught off gaurd by a sudden, "wow, ___'s kind of attractive."

Promptly followed by "Did I just think ___'s attractive?"


I'm offically stating that physically "my type" is a middle-aged guy (30+). This is something some of my other girl friends might already have recognized in themselves but I'm typing this still in sort of a self-wonderment haze. What's kind of funny is that ___ noticed that I was in the middle of some sort of revelation and asked "Are you checking me out? You've got some devlish little smile on your face." Geesh.

Now, I know that a few months ago I blogged about super-hot Taylor Lautner but the more thought I give to the subject I'd rather spend a candlelit dinner with a half-naked 30-40 something. ;)

I don't even feel "old" admitting this. I do recognize this as some kind of weird official acceptance that I'm middle aged too above and beyond just the number of years I've lived.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I too am very fond of the salt and pepper look!

Finlands finest said...

I'm still anti-grey hairs!! :) But I am even more anti-bald!! lol

Ms. Sarah said...

I would have to disagree with you on this one Jen, I think bald men can be very attractive.

Finlands finest said...

I guess I should explain, if you choose to be bald and shave the whole head, you can be good looking, but balding not so much!

Sarah said...

Haha, ok we are in agreement on that one! I much prefer a man to bite the bullet and shave it all off... BaldING not so hot!