Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Weekend of February

I accomplished about nil point five this weekend. On Friday night Jim and I didn't have plans so we took it easy with the kids and watched Night at the Museum 2 (C+) after then went to bed.

I don't think I've mentioned it but Nicole has come in our room around 1:00 every night for about the last three weeks. I thought it was having to go to the bathroom that woke her up but she's often dry in the morning so that killed that theory. She's a relatively good sleeping addition - I don't get woken up too much and she likes to cuddle. Consensus of parents I've talked to is that it's okay for now....

On Saturday I met Jenna at Jazzercise. We both really like it but it's kinda pricey if we buy in and still only go 1/week after our Groupon sessions are over. 8 more to go before we have to decide....

Saturday night we didn't have plans either so we milled around, ran errands, ate dinner at Meijer of all places (their Bistro was our 4th place choice after our first three tries bombed but the whole family ate for less than $8 so not so hateful) before we went grocery shopping.

This morning we skipped Church, had a great breakfast and lunch. I went to Kohl's to go shopping and got about $85 worth of stuff. I've been goodwilling a lot of my things away lately so my wardrobe is taking a noticeable hit in the variety department....

TMI Alert!
OH, to make you groan, I got my 9th period since September of 2006 (that's 9 periods total in 39 months). I've been on the lookout for it for several months though so I was a bit excited when it came this morning. Then I realized that I'll pretty much have no reprieve of it for the next 20-25 years and I groaned.

Jim starts his NEW JOB tomorrow which means he'll be picking up and dropping off the kids from now on.

I'm sad that the Olympics are coming to an end. They always make me emotional and all hopeful for world peace and such.... I really enjoyed watching the Aerials this year. All the things I'll never experience but look SO cool. My DVR will most likely go from hitting 99% full at one point back to the normal 13% or so starting tomorrow.

3 comments:

Katharine said...

I take it Jim got the job...Congrats!

Finlands finest said...

Congrats to Jim on his new job!!

I took it very easy this weekend too. I guess it was just a good relaxing weekend! :) Replenishing the wardrobe is fun!!

Martha said...

20-25 more YEARS? Seriously??? I thought those things ended around 45...I haven't had my reprieves yet. :D

Congratulations, Jim!!!!!!