Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chris - 8 months old!


Yesterday Chris officially turned 8 months old. AWWWW!

He continues to be an amazingly happy baby. Each time he sees me his whole body wiggles with excitement and makes me all smiley. He's even gotten so excited and wiggled so much he's fallen over. awwww!

Some things he's up to:



  • He clearly knows his own name and responds by looking or talking back to you if you say it

  • Separation anxiety has set in over the last two weeks specifically (this is the reverse of all the wiggling I previously mentioned).

  • He's starting in on the Gerber pick-up stars (the kind that melt in your mouth) but isn't so sure about the whole solid food thing yet.

  • He likes to sing along with Nicole in the car


Some general things about him:



  • He's a belly sleeper

  • When he wakes up and can get in "walrus" position to look at me he smiles so big. This is promptly and always followed by lifting his arms and legs off the ground and balancing on his big pot belly while he wiggles in excitement and squeals

  • He's nursing 3X, getting formula 2X and eating food 2X/day. I'll be upping him to 3 meals a day this weekend. His favorite foods are black beans, pineapple and yellow squash with rice cereal.

  • He likes books but I think he's a little confused by the 2D nature of the pictures because he tries to grab the objects

  • Poor thing's on his way to tubes in his ears. We'll know 3/3/10.

  • Bathtime = splash time = big fun

  • He LOVES to be tickled and cuddled

  • Every night before bed (8-8:30ish) he gets rocked and has 3 versus of Amazing Grace sung to him (and one verse of humming for good measure). He holds his "sleepy bear" while we rock and sucks his thumb.

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

He sure is a handsome little guy! I like how wiggly he is!! I wish my diet was as good as his is...

Viki said...

I like Chris updates because I like to compare him with Logan. My SIL is trying a variety of foods with him, too, and is doing solids 3 times a day. The past couple of times I've given him dinner the past few Saturdays while I've been babysitting I've discovered he really likes the fruit/oatmeal combo, but is a little iffy with veggies. He liked the sweet potatoes, but HATED the zucchini. Hated it.

Logan is also a cuddler, but likes to sleep on his back, still with his arms spread out like he did the first night he was home. He likes to climb all over you, too. It's cute. :-)

Katharine said...

I'm hijacking your blog! (I swear i'm not spamming you though) Check out this video made by my friends Matt and Marlene about a town in Moldova

http://www.youtube.com/mahalafilms

(I also posted it on martha's blog, but am sure it is visited infrequently)

LisaMarie said...

You are so good about these posts. I was and am not. *sigh* Could you please blog about my kid too?