Wednesday, January 06, 2010

What's going on here

1. Chris bit me yesterday to the point that I was bleeding. HOLY CRAP. Problem is that the kid still needs to eat which is now painful on a new wound. Further, any further nibbling (unintentional on his part, he's still getting used to his teeth) is in the EXACT SAME SPOT. Oh my God.

2. I'm finished with my school prep for this year (syllabus, schedule, project, 3 guest speakers all confirmed, etc.). I have 25 students and this is, so far, my lowest enrollment in any of my classes ever. Part of my ego is wondering if I'm getting bad press even though my reviews are always very good. Part of me is happy that fewer students = less work.

3. Nicole's hair is getting wacky. I think I need to start using conditioner in it because it's FRIZZY in the back. I'm also going to pick up a spray bottle and try to get her to sit long enough to have it styled.

4. My brother is getting married. As I hear more details and give my opinion/suggestions I realize more and more that there are things that I'd change about my own wedding. Not that I didn't like my wedding but hindsight and attending more formal events helps clarify what the true potential could have been.

5. I had a nightmare last night about a serial killer that was after me. He put his previous victim's head in the trunk of my car. The last nightmare I had was months and months ago and it was about an anaconda trying to eat me.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

I thought he bit your finger! Then I thought, "just feed him with another finger, Karen!" And I even examined my own fingers to see which one he might have damaged... Blonde moment!

I doubt you're getting a bad rep, your young, hip, and include (I'm sure) fun aspects to your class to keep it moving. You're conscious about what others think.

I am sad to hear that our wedding had made you think of doing your's differently. I think that your's was beautiful, despite Jim's white-what-the-hell-am-I-doing-face in some pictures. However, I am pleased to has you as a sister-in-law to be during this process because I feel a little lost and a bit overwhelmed with this wedding planning. In fact, I often forget about it... But, you are perfect in that you keep me grounded and focused and moving. For that I thank you.

Finlands finest said...

Karen, I thought your wedding was pretty spectacular! Everything was elegant and it flowed very well. I often thought afterwards that when I plan a wedding, it should be like yours. Jenna is lucky to have you to help!!! (Plus you know little tips to save money like asking for the napkins to be included...)

Nicole's hair is super cute!

I have been having nightmares again. I wonder what our subconscious is dealing with...at least neither of us are alone on that front!

LisaMarie said...

I don't think I saw Jim make a what-the-hell-am-I-doing face even once the whole day. I think he looked in awe of his beautiful new wife. And I spent almost all day with you guys!

As for Chris biting you....I feel ya! Hang in there as long as you can. Go back to the Lansinoh (if you ever used it). I was amazed how fast my boobs healed. Could you try skipping a day on that boob? Did Nicole ever do this?