Friday, January 01, 2010

Christmas 2009 Recap

Christmas at the Eutsler household was a good one. The festivities started out with my brother Greg's engagement (congrats again!) followed by two nights of family, gorging on good food, and opening what seemed to be an endless amount of gifts.

Nicole wanted two things for Christmas - a purple, Dora backpack and a bathing suit. Fortunately for her she got both. :)




On Christmas Day Nicole changed her clothes 5 times - from her original outfit to princess dress-up clothes, to PJs to her bathing suit back to PJs.




My mother did LOTS of sewing for the kids this year. She made the raincoat you see above, spent 200 hours cross stitching a baby blanket for Chris, made doll diaper bags for the girls as well as crayon carriers. (side note that she's in progress of making Chris's baptismal clothing as well!)

Dad bought Ryann and Nicole jump ropes which were also big hits as you can see (Note Nicole is jumping in high heeled princess shoes!):




I got cake decorating lessons, clothes, socks, jewelry, and a new reading lamp for the bedroom amongst other things. One of THE BEST things I received was from my brother Greg- a binder of all my blogs 2007-present, printed out and in protective sleeves in a nice binder. I get paranoid that blogger will go away some day and I'll have lost years worth of journaling. This was FANTASTIC especially since the time period brought so many life changes to us (2 kids, new house, etc.).

Chris was a good sport through all the festivities as well. I was disappointed to find that most of the 9 month clothes he received fit perfectly and 2/3 onesies and all the pants (all 9mo) that Lindsay/Mike/Ryann got him needed to be exchanged for 12 month size. WHY IS MY 6MONTH OLD WEARING 12MONTH CLOTHES!? I want him to stay LITTLE!


The toys he got were great as he's able to roll trucks on the floor and hug stuffed animals.

All in all, a great Christmas! One more with Jim's side of the family next Saturday.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't decide which I love more, Nic in her bathing suit or the girls with their jump ropes!

I can't wait to hear about the cake decorating lessons, sounds fantastic!

Chris is adorable!

Finlands finest said...

The jump ropes were great!! LOVE IT!

I know you want Chris to stay small, but as he gets bigger he can do more, like roll trucks...