Sunday, January 24, 2010

Chris - 7 month update


Chris turned 7 months on Saturday and continues to be a happy, healthy baby. Some things he can do:

1) in the last week he's started clicking his tongue which is funny to watch since he over-exaggerates the motion and smiles right after

2) he gives kisses - he's done this for about 2 months but in this last month he's gotten the suction down so he leaves your cheek extra slobbery. He seems to only kiss women though....

3) he's out of the baby tub and takes "regular" baths with Nicole. He especially likes splashing.

4) He claps

5) While on his stomach he'll push himself up on his arms like a walrus - good first control towards crawling, but he hasn't gotten the knack of getting his knees under him except while sleeping

He's a real momma's boy and I L-O-V-E it. When I come home from teaching and he first sees me his whole body wiggles with excitement and he beams as he reaches for me. Melts my heart.

He wears all 9 and 12-month clothes now. He's tried several solid foods (more new ones to come in the next 2 weeks include nectarine, lima beans, peaches, & pears) and by far his favorite is black beans and oatmeal; he leans in so fast and furious for the next bite that sometimes the spoon goes too far in and he gags!

He's getting his two front top teeth now and has been waking up mid-night in pain lately. Update: His third one came in this morning - top left center!

6 comments:

Laura said...

All of those left a big smile on my face!

Sarah said...

I can't wait to meet this boy! I can't believe he's so old and can do so much and I haven't even met him yet!

Finlands finest said...

In the pic, he looks a lot like Nicole.

I think he has good taste. Yumm black beans! Yumm Oatmeal!

LisaMarie said...

Wait....Sarah has never met Chris? What?!?!?!

How did you get him to start kisses? Max has never done this. I try and try. He won't give me kisses!

Katharine said...

When I saw the pic, I also thought he looks like Nicole :D

Sarah said...

Nope, never met Chris. The last time I saw Karen was in June when we went out to dinner. Remember how we were trying to get her to go into labor so I'd be there for the birth? Haha!