Monday, December 28, 2009

Chris's Day to Shine

Chris had his six month check-up this morning. All's well physically- we confirmed again he's a BIG boy

2 feet 4.5 inches = 99%ile


19lbs. 3oz = 80%ile

I've reported recently that he can sit on his own and babbles a lot. He also has 2 bottom teeth and will probably cut the top two in January if I had to guess. The teeth and the sitting surprised and impressed the pediatrician as he's early for both.

He babbles, as I mentioned, and mom teased me last night if his "dadadada"'s count as his first word or if I'm waiting for "mamamamama" before it counts. ha. ha. :P No, I'm not counting it as he clearly has no idea what he's saying, he's just making noise. Cute but just noise nonetheless.

Nicole was a great baby, or so I thought. Truly though, Christopher IS a great baby. He only cries when he's tired or hungry and when you lay him down he falls alseep on his own. Obviously he's a good eater. :) So far he's had avacado, blackberry, rice cereal, carrots, & banana. We'll be trying yellow squash for the first time tonight. He's also a wonderful cuddler much to my joy.

I'm SO in love with this baby! Maybe because psychologically I know he's the last baby we [intend to] have. Maybe because he's just so easy to take care of that I'm appreciative he fits so well into our busy life schedule. Maybe because I'm more comfortable being a parent and can enjoy the ride more than I did the first time with a 6-month old. Maybe because he still clearly prefers me to anyone else and it makes me swell with loving him back. But WOW, even more than his sister at this age Chris consumes my heart.


5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

He really is a sweet baby! I'm so happy he is ahead of the curve!! :)

Katharine said...

Ouch. Poor Nicole. Start saving up for her therapy bills now. I know I don't know her well but based on what I do know, I believe she has always been a great kid...so not deserving of the "Nicole was a great baby, or so I thought" and the "But WOW, even more than his sister at this age Chris consumes my heart." It does however confirm my theory that my brother is the golden child in our family whilst my mother claims to not have favorites.

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad he continues to grow and develop well. I really think there's something about #2 that we get to enjoy the baby phase a bit better than the first time around. There's something to that statement that #1 is the experiment...

LisaMarie said...

:) This sounds like a woman who MIGHT want a third some day.....

Karen said...

I love Nicole backwards and forwards but Chris is an easier baby than she was - and she was pretty easy! :)

i think after getting the official doctor's word that Chris is so big and seeing Nicole growing out of her "baby" body (short and fat) i'm clinging to the baby phase tighter than ever.

Jim's the one that says no more kids. i don't think he'll be easily convinced.....