Monday, May 11, 2009

Weekend of 5/8/09

Friday- we relaxed and watched the end of Sideways which my former boss leant me. It had a really funny scene where a guy who had an affair left his wallet at the other woman’s house and needs his buddy’s help to get it back. This was a 2004 Best Picture nominee and was overall enjoyable – B+..

Saturday
– I was a dumbass and after only being in the car for less than 20 seconds scratched up my front bumper making a too-wide turn into the garage (I was moving the car in from the driveway). It’ll probably be about $400 in damage. Pissed me off. Jim was cool though and didn’t rub it in or make me feel worse.

We drove up to Columbus to see his step-sister Laci and her daughter Nicole. Laci is due 2 weeks after me and we had some boxes of clothes to return. Even though we drove ~2X longer than we stayed it was a nice trip and worth the time/effort.

Mark and Caitlin joined us that night for a movie, Mall Cop, which is as good as you’d expect a movie called Mall Cop to be.

Sunday
- Nicole brought me a card and a rose while I was drying my hair with a “here you go, mommy” before she darted off again to watch Sesame Street. Jim brought me flowers, we all went to church, checked out a deck our front-runner contractor built as a reference, and had Chipotle for lunch. That night we went to Mom’s for a casual celebration and were in bed, on time that night. We worked out a plan for how we’re going to negotiate the deck and I'm eager to see if maybe it could be done in time for Nicole’s birthday (July 11).

My mom and her 3 kids (Greg, Mom, Mike & Me)



The little girl who gave me the right to celebrate Mother's Day



I'm getting BIG I think but Jenna made me smile when she sincerely and insistently told me I look good. Caitlin and I worked out a plan so she can be my delivery nurse…. If the kid and doctor will cooperate we’ll be in business!




4 comments:

Laura said...

That is such a sweet picture of you and Nicole!

Jenna said...

You DO look incredible! I told you once and will tell you again, I think that pregnant omen are the most beautiful women in the world!

You especially.

Martha said...

Nicole's so adorable. :)

Finlands finest said...

I like the pic of you and Nicole.

From the pic of you with your mom and brothers, you look the most like your mom.

Karen, you are beautiful pregnant or not! I think you look great, both ways. Pregnant women are beautiful, like Jenna says they can be the most beautiful!