Thursday, May 21, 2009

Nicole

Hanging out watching Zoe.


Nicole has gotten hand-me-downs from several friends/family members and that’s helped out quite a bit as far as wardrobe diversity and keeping spend on clothes to a reasonable level. The outfit you see above is one such ensemble but this is the only time you’ll ever see her in it again… at least the shirt portion- it’s being retired.

Why box a shirt after one wear?

Because she doesn’t have the boobs to fill it for one. Why in God’s name would you make a 2T size shirt with puffs for boobs?! Second, the skirt’s fit around her hips and won’t go higher due to the built-in bloomers so her belly inevitably sticks out which Jim doesn't like.

She looks like a hootchie. ; )

On a positive note, in addition to regular singing, Nicole and I have been working on categorizing things. For example, today on the way home I asked her what a doggie says, which she knows, then “Nicole, what doggies do you know?” Immediately she comes up with Piper (my parents dog) and then Laila (the babysitter’s dog). Today she got a third, Sunny, the babysitter’s former dog that they got rid of last weekend. With some reminding she’ll repeat Rambo (Ryann’s dog), Lincoln & Jasper (Uncle Tom’s dogs) and Sydney & Bailey (Jenna’s dogs).

I want her to understand that things go together, even if they’re not all exactly the same (every dog above is a different breed).

I asked her about who’s in her family but I don’t know that she understands the word “family" yet because she gave me a bewildered look and couldn’t come up with a single person.

She did get 5 colors before I had to prompt her for more – blue, yellow, blue, black, and blue.

8 comments:

Laura said...

The puffs for boobs on that shirt is weird. I didn't notice them until you pointed it out though.

Finlands finest said...

I think your daughters fav color is blue too. :) I like that you keep teaching her new things, it is going to make her one smart cookie like her parents!

Martha said...

I haven't finished reading yet...
Let me get this straight, you take a picture of Nicole in her hootchie outfit to show us, but not when she's in an adorably cute outfit?
You have me smiling this morning. :)

And for the record I still think she looks cute. Perhaps it's the stance, I couldn't tell the *issues*. The boob thing is weird - perhaps other kids have baby fat and rolls there?!??

Katharine said...

the boob shirt is weird...but i really liked that 3 of her 5 colors were blue :) very cute

Martha said...

I think the 3 blues was awfully cute, too. Perhaps she was thinking of different shades of blue? :) She just hasn't learned the words for each yet. :D

Martha said...

Oh, and for the record, I thought you were posting a "cute Nicole" photo, until you told us it was a "hootchie Nicole" photo. Apparently I can't tell the difference between the two....hmm...

LisaMarie said...

I hope to never see real hootchie pictures of your daughter on Facebook someday. :P

And I had to enlarge that photo just to see the boob poofs. That's ridiculous and hilarious.

I hope the person you got it from isn't reading this though...cause you just called their daughter a hootchie too! HA!

Mamma Sarah said...

I have to agree with Martha... a "hootchie" and not a "cutie" pic is no fair.

Man I hate girls clothes. I thought I hated boys clothes because of the lack of choice, but girls clothes are just not practical and there are hardly any primary colors to chose from. Blah! And, boob pockets in a 2T... common... what were they thinkin?