Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend of 5/15/09

Went to the doctor’s office this morning for my ultrasound. Chris appears to be doing fine – he has enough amniotic fluid, is roughly 5lbs. 2 oz, and is only 3 days behind from the technician’s viewpoint, not 3.5 weeks as initially suspected. Hooray!

I started painting Nicole’s room murals this weekend – it’s going well so far. I'm roughly 40% done and expect to continue to make good progress this week and weekend. I haven’t painted hardly anything on Abby (see left) because she’ll be rather color/time intensive. I did take “before” pictures so I’ll post the after when I'm finished.

We had a MAJOR mess at Meijer on Sunday when Nicole got bad bad bad diarrhea and it started leaking out of her diaper, on her dress, down her legs and into her socks. I had to buy diapers/wipes at the store and was disappointed when we finally made it to the “Family Bathroom” that it didn’t have a changing table. I had to lay her on the floor and clean up probably the worst mess I’ve ever seen (she basically got bathed in wet wipes) all the while getting dirty with black water on the floor myself. Amazingly, I can tune out what it is I'm actually cleaning and tend to the job at hand which makes it go faster.

The deck contract has been awarded and the project will be completed in time for Nicole’s birthday party (July 11). Hooray! Before, during, and after pictures will be posted when progress starts. I’ve discovered there are too many nice patio sets and buying online will be difficult without actually seeing them. Looks like lots of running around over the next 2 months…

My pedometer is on and today starts the base week. I’ll be happy if I get 4000 steps in today and am disappointed that the goal is 10,000 and I'm so far away…. Many of my co-workers are starting to take the steps versus the elevator. As my office is on the 7th floor and I'm 7.5 months pregnant that’s not going to happen….

8 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, that poop incident has all others I've heard about beat...glad you handled it ok!

Viki said...

I'm finally catching up...

-I almost spit out my coffee when I read the "I'm constipated" reply on your Wednesday post. Interestingly enough, they were talking/laughing on WGN radio yesterday morning that with the recession people have been reporting that they're constipated more often.

-Glad Chris is doing well, and that you are, too. Sorry about the poop, though.

-Good luck with your pedometer! I'm in charge of all of our Wellness initiatives at work, and was stunned that I actually ran out of them this year - the response for our Walking Program has been huge!

Finlands finest said...

I think you will be able to get a lot of steps chasing Nicole around. :)

I want to see this bedroom art, maybe you need to come and decorate mine too! :)

Martha said...

We just got done doing a walking challenge! My baseline was pretty average - over 6,000 steps per day. We set our own goals, though, so my mid goal was 8,000 and end goal (8 week dealio) was 10,000 steps. I made it, just barely, too! It was weird, though, b/c I would either get around 17,000 steps a day, or under 4,000 steps. It wasn't until later in the program that I started getting 8,000 - 10,000 on a regular basis.
And it's much much easier to get the steps in on nice, sunny days. :)

Martha said...

and oh yea! Good luck!!! :)

LisaMarie said...

Don't feel bad about the stairs. At least you have the elevator option. At the end, I was dying going up and down the flights of stairs in my building.

Also glad to hear about chris. We were wondering the tech just read it wrong. That seemed WAY off.

I can't believe the FAMILY bathroom didn't have a changing table! I'd be filing a complaint with Mejier.

Karen said...

I too was shocked! i actually walked outside to see if i read the sign right and didn't accidently go in teh employee bathroom or something.

I wrote a LONG note about the experience on my online Meijer suvey.

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad to hear that Chris is growing just fine. :-)

Man, don't you hate that about restrooms. I forget where we went but there was some place that didn't have a changing table in the men's bathroom. I was so upset and the next time we went in (invited by the manager because of the corporate complaint we wrote) we were happy to see that the stations were in both bathrooms. :-) Glad you vented to Meijer!

Can't wait to see pics of Nic's room!