Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kiddie Update

  • This morning Nicole looked very cute – she had on a little orange skirt that showed off her chubby legs and a t-shirt that read “I can always play the cute card”. :) She also said the word “another” for the first time today in reference to having “another bite” of my cheerios.
  • Nic is real big into eating “big girl cereal” now – basically cereal with milk in a bowl. I eat this every morning while her breakfast is varied (eggs, yogurt, fruit, granola bar, etc.) but the past two weeks we’ve shared the last several bites of my breakfast. Yesterday we were in the middle of doing so and I had to use the bathroom suddenly and urgently. I debated taking the bowl away from her but figured neither Jim nor I wanted to hear her whine until I returned so I left it on her tray and dashed down the hall. I wasn’t surprised (but did groan) to return 45 seconds later to see the bowl empty and milk running down her cheeks and all over the high chair tray – she tried to drink the milk out of the bowl like I do and was quite proud of herself. “Mommy, I drink!” she announced. “Oh I see you did,” I replied.
  • I had a doctor’s appointment for Chris this morning. Had bloodwork done for my thyroid (which has been stable throughout the last 33.5 weeks) but Chris measured at only 30 weeks in length which had the doctor a bit concerned. I have to go in for a second ultrasound next Monday. While I'm excited to have another one, I am a little worried about what this could mean. Not that I can do anything about it, and I'm assuming it’s nothing, but still….. I’ll keep you posted.
  • Chris is incredibly active and kicks so hard you can feel individual parts of him. I made Jim touch me last night when a lone foot was pushing out and you could feel the whole shape of it. I'm suffering from some bad acid reflux/heartburn in the last two weeks which comes and goes all day whether I’ve eaten or not. I'm also having periodic Braxton Hicks contractions which can be painful for the short duration they last.

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Nicole can come join me for some cereal whenever she would like. I fully support the milk drinking at the end, Min sometimes helps with mine. :)

I think it is cool that you can tell what body part Chris is using when he moves. I bet he will be an athlete like his dad! I'm thinking soccer, but thats just me. :)

Martha said...

Anytime you start by saying how cute your kid is, please post a picture. :)
Ok, Jen, sharing backwash (ew) with a toddler is one thing, but with your CAT???! Hmm, then again, I do share treats with horses. Maybe it depends on who it is, not what it is.....

Got my fingers crossed everything's okay! I was so relieved to read your last paragraph!! Not the contraction part, of course. So does a toe ever get stuck in the ribs or anything? Does he ever tickle you from the inside and you start laughing uncontrollably??

Finlands finest said...

I don't drink the milk after Min silly. I am done when Min decides it is her turn for the milk. I usually leave a little for her to drink at the end.

Mamma Sarah said...

I have to agree with Martha 100% that you def need to post a picture of just how cute Nic is. Then you have to proof and also then us telling you again just how cute she is. :-)

I hope that everything is ok. Will anxiously await to hear that everything is hunky dory and he's just a small fry!

Jenna said...

I'd only not drink milk after someone if it's bad, warm or chunky... Otherwise good milk is fair game. Greg bitches that I drink out of the jug... Ah well... If we had others around more often I'd change!

I'm hoping Chris is ok, I know that you want him to go a teensie weensie bit early so knowing that he's "smaller" makes me sad.

Yes - PLEASE keep ius all updated! And more pics of pregnant Karen!!!! You are beautiful!

LisaMarie said...

I used to love it when I could feel Max's hands and feet. Until the very end when I would actually jam them back into my body because he was stretching so much it hurt. And then I would worry that I hurt him. LOL!

What does a Braxton Hicks contraction actually feel like? I've never had a real contraction, so I don't know that I ever had the fake ones. I used to get tightening every once in a while.