Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nothing Special

  • The water bottle I have is just a little too phallic as its texture reminds me of some dildos I’ve seen at sex toy parties. I feel a little dirty drinking from it.
  • Nicole figured out how to turn door handles yesterday morning and let herself into her big girl room which I’ve been keeping her out of since I started painting as to surprise her. Unfortunately she saw Elmo on the wall and went wild with excitement then wild in a bad way when I carried her out and closed the door. We bargained that if she calmed down and got dressed I’d let her back in to look around which worked. I wish the whole thing had been a complete surprise but she’s 22 months – everything is exciting, even the second time around.
  • Steps for Monday (slightly screwed up as my sensitivity level moved mid-way through the day and changed my step count): 6946. Steps for Tuesday 4902.
  • I know this is pretty random but it’s getting to be summer and I saw an ICEE truck on the highway and it got me thinking. In terms of icy drinks/snacks my preference is:
    1. traditional SnowCone – you know the cone shaped, wax-lined cup with a ball of shaved ice and liquid sugar flavor squirted on top. Rainbow is best followed by Blue Raspberry.
    2. Lemon Ice – these are most often found at the zoo, amusement park, ball park, carnival, etc. They’re often overpriced, I think, at $3 each, but man they are so lemony and delicious
    3. Slush Puppie – this is the drink version of a SnowCone in my opinion. I like the ice crystals in it. Blue Raspberry is best but it definitely stains your tongue. When I was in grade school you could get a Vita Pup for 30 cents for a 4oz. cup. MMMmmmm!
    4. Icee – this reminds me of summer and begging for an impromptu treat at the gas station. While several flavors (Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Cola) are available and it is very smooth to drink, I don’t particularly like the taste of any of them.

6 comments:

Katharine said...

your first statement is hilarious. and true. i know exactly what you mean!

Martha said...

Huh, I haven't run into the phallic water bottles. Perhaps you could post a picture?
Then again, I don't buy my water bottles from the sex shop. ;)

Everytime I think of the ice cream truck, I think of a news show I saw years and years ago about how ice cream trucks are commonly used to sell drugs. My opinion has never been the same since then, and if I see one on a day that I otherwise think shouldn't warrant it (winter, rainy, cold, school's not out, whatever), I become very suspicious.
I think Nicole's reaction to her room is cute, even though it resulted in what sounds like a trantrum to get her out. When I read it, I was fully expecting the outcome not to be a tantrum but a big hug with a big still-wet-red-paint-Elmo. I can see it now, getting excited seeing it again and a again: open the door - smiles! close the door - tears! open the door....close the door....open the door...!
Yep, another way to torment toddlers. :)

Finlands finest said...

I like Icee's the best of the list. :) I love the mountain dew icee, life doesn't get much better than that! :)

I would have been excited to see Elmo on my wall too. Nicole is such a lucky girl!!!

I feel this obscene urge to find a water bottle like yours....

Jenna said...

1) What's wrong with work disguised sex toys? I know how you are, Karen!!

2) Bailey learned how to turn the deadbolt this morning. She rings her bell for "potty time" and yup while I was out with Sydney, Bailey accidentally hit the deadbolt... Me + frontyard + 7am + towel on head = sheer embarassment from all neighbors around.

3) Thanks again for yesterday, it owe you now. :)

LisaMarie said...

Icee is by far better than the Slush Puppie. We have Sno Shack up here for snow cones. When you guys come through the next time, call us and we can stop and get one. They're only closed on Sundays. Even if you just stop for the snow cone, they're really good.

Can't wait to see what the room looks like. Did we have set plans for when you come our way next? I can't remember....

Viki said...

Hmmm - don't you have mad sex dreams when you're pregnant? Maybe that's why you think your water bottle looks phallic? Just kidding - that's funny.