Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long Weekend of 5/22/09

  • I know I’m ruining it if she really wants this, but this seems like the perfect gift for Lindsay. Saw it advertised on my Facebook page: http://www.vat19.com/dvds/giant-gummy-bear-on-a-stick.cfm?adid=FBKgummi2 .
  • Even after 22 months we’re still sometimes novices at this parenting thing. Nicole went to daycare today with no shoes. She does have her milk and yogurt though….
  • Happy belated birthday, Jenna! We had a great time at Vinoklet and last night at the parents’. The big 2-4!
  • Between Friday at the winery and last night at my mom and dad’s I got to see every member of my immediate family 2X this weekend except for Mike who I only saw once. We define “West Siders”.
  • True to Alissa’s warning about time for relaxation dwindling, we saw two movies this weekend – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button which made me cry on too many occasions (A) and Valkyrie which was interesting from a historical standpoint but overall not that engaging (B-).
  • Making tremendous progress on Angels & Demons, which I’ve read before but am reading again in preparation for the movie, and borrowed Caitlin’s first two copies of the Twilight series. Having a good book in hand and a highly recommended one on deck and in the hole makes me excited for 10:00 when we read every night. I actually look forward to it throughout the day.
  • Now that the deck is signed off on and the deposit paid I'm suffering not from buyer’s remorse but designers doubt – I keep thinking about how we have things set up and whether or not there’s a better/more aesthetic way of doing it. We went patio furniture shopping and were astounded by the quality and respective price difference, each 2X, of “big box” offerings from places like Sears and Lowes versus a specialty retailer like Watson’s. The Watson’s stuff is fantastic but the thought of writing a check for $3K+ for a dining table and sitting furniture is horrific.
  • So much visible progress was made on Nicole’s room. Depending on Jim’s softball schedule this week I might finish the project ahead of schedule!

8 comments:

linds said...

That gummy bear is amazing!!! My mouth is watering right now :-)

Finlands finest said...

I saw the movie Angels and Demons yesterday. I give it a solid A. I loved it!

Sarah said...

I completely understand what you mean about having a good book to read at night. I often find myself looking forward to the end of the day so that I can get back to my book.

Viki said...

I'm sure the deck will be fabulous - don't doubt yoursef. :-)

I'm reading Angels & Demons before I see the movie.

I think it's hysterical that Nic went to daycare without shoes. That's almost like the day in high school I went to school without a bra (seriously, and I didn't realize it until I was hanging my coat up in my locker).

Martha said...

An A for Benjamin Button?
Alvin and I tried to watch is a week and ahalf ago. We only saw about the first hour before we turned it off and returned it without finishing the rest. Perhaps the second half (ok, last 2/3) is better, but the first hour was waaaaay toooooo slooooow for us.

I LOVE that Nicole went to daycare without shoes. LOVE IT. I really do. It's almost like she has a little bit of Kentucky in her. ;D

LisaMarie said...

That gummy bear made my mouth drop! So big! And I LOVED the Twilight series. Angels and Demons, not so much.

Dale said...

"Having a good book in hand and a highly recommended one on deck and in the hole"

On deck and in the hole? Are you using sports analogies? I'm proud of you!

Katrin said...

Sending your kid to school without shoes... :) So funny!!!

I didn't like Angels & Demons at all. The book was okay, but I found that the movie relied way too much on horrid scenes and action shots than on the story behind it. (Sorry) But it seems like A&D is a love it or hate it kind of movie, judging from the comments.