Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Various Observations/Happenings

  • Jim’s softball game is on it’s way to being rained out tonight. If this happens that means that only 1 out of the last 4 have actually happed and the other 3 rained out.
  • I don’t know the appropriate response when someone, especially a co-worker, answers the question “how are you doing today” with a reply of “I'm constipated”.
  • Nicole is a good eater and I'm glad for it. Many people comment after dining with her that her palate is wide and varied and she rarely turns down an opportunity to eat. Just like her mother. :)
  • The guilt of having a second brownie never outweighs the joy of actually eating it.
  • My office is sponsoring a fitness challenge –tomorrow they’re handing out pedometers and I'm excited to get one! I told the coordinator that I fully expect to be the biggest weight loser this calendar year… of course I'm cheating.
  • I'm calling the deck builder today to negotiate out the final price and deliverable. Perhaps construction will actually begin *gasp* in June!
  • I'm changing the theme of Nicole’s bedroom to Sesame Street as she’s a little more than obsessed with muppets. Progress on this starts this weekend!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I've always wanted a pedometer!

I don't think there is an appropriate response when someone tells you they are constipated....

Muppets are fun, but dinosaurs are better!

Martha said...

I bet muppets could be very creatively accomplished for a room theme!

If someone tells you they are constipated, perhaps your reply could include - would you like some rainins? Here, have my apple, Or, are you sure you're drinking enough water? Or even, cut back on that cheese or gummy food! Or, your diet could improve.
Hey, if they offer it, that gives you permission to respond back! :) What, are they going to whine to their friends: "So, my coworker asked me how I was this morning, and when I replied constipated, she offered me her apple and told me to drink more water! Can you believe how inappropriate that is??"
:)

Finlands finest said...

LOL Martha is funny!

Sarah said...

My agency does a program called "Walktober" every fall, and you get a pedometer and record your steps. Along with that there is a health fair, we get a discount on our insurance premiums, and free membership to the gym. Pretty cool stuff.

Mamma Sarah said...

Muppets.. hmmm that sounds pretty darn cool. Sounds like someone needs to make her a puppet theater to go with her Muppet room!