Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some "cute" pictures and a memory

The new fashion craze - wearing lunch coolers on your head and carrying a fab-u-lous purse (5/15/09)
Painting Care Bears with water (remember those pages with the paint dots that "melt" when water's added?) for her Great Grandmas (5/16/09)


The water sink's second appearance of the year (5/24/09)


An ice cream cone because she was a good girl (and yes, she did brush after) (5/24/09)




------------------------

On the radio today I spent some time listening to a new station, Rewind 94.9, which plays songs from the 80’s “and more” (whatever that means). Anyway, after singing along to Kiss From a Rose by Seal Kokomo by the Beach Boys came on. I remember clearly when this song first came out because it was a song by one of "my dad’s" groups but was actually really cool. One afternoon my brother Mike and I sat in my bedroom calling Q102 again and again about 30 times, each with a “disguised” voice requesting this song. I'm sure the DJ was going crazy and rolling his eyes at our obvious antics but at 3:00 on a Saturday afternoon the phone lines weren’t jammed with anything else to block our calls from all getting through.
And he did play it.



9 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like Nic's bathing suit--very cute! The water sink looks fun!

I loved Kokomo when it came out and still do!

Martha said...

She's getting curlier and lighter hair - more like her mom???

I love the first picture with the lunch cooler on her head. hey, that *hat* matches her outfit!!
:)

She looks like you in the water-coloring photo!

She must be going through a "look like mom" stage. B/c a year ago she was alllll Jim (no question on paternity there! I have heard one one of those dateline type shows that babies normally DO look like their father, almost like nature's paternity test!)

But I think the ice cream cone photo is my favorite. Just so darn cute. :) It even looks like her eyes are smiling.

Laura said...

Man, she sure knows how to have fun!

Finlands finest said...

I also want to note, I LOVED the water painting as a kid. My mom had a wall of pics we would do, and when it was filled up she would take them down and we would start all over. :)

LisaMarie said...

Loved the story from you and Mike. Sounds like something me and my brother might do. Good times. :)

And that dress in the first picture is very cute.

What flavor ice cream did she have?

Sarah said...

She is adorable! I think the ice cream cone is my favorite, cause she looks so dainty eating it!

Sean said...

I have been starting to listen to Rewind 94.9 as well. I love the 80's music. I remember Kokomo well. That was the only "real" song that I was ever good at playing on the piano was I was younger. Whenever I hear it, I listen for the chords & notes of it.

Katharine said...

1. I remember the show martha is referencing too.
2. I also agree with Martha that she is showing some resemblance to you now.
3. I do not like how cincy changes their radio stations far too frequently, have too many country stations...and does anyone now which station is now "the sound" (previously 94.9 and before that i think 97.3)

Viki said...

I like the ice cream cone picture, too. :-)

I'm jealous that you guys actually got through to a radio station - we never did!