Monday, March 02, 2009

What we're up to - with pictures!

Well, after reading up a bit, I again agree with Martha – sounds like a food intolerance on Friday. I ended up getting sick again after I posted and reading the fine print of email was more than my stomach could handle (felt like car sickness) so I left at noon. Most of the afternoon was spent eating chicken noodle soup in shifts and laying in bed. Just like last time. :(

Next day though I was good as new which was helpful since we had things to do. Remember our list of goals for February? We’ve pseudo-accomplished all of them.

1) filled the settling cracks – this is 80% done – light plays a factor in our ability to finish it which means it’s a weekend project mostly.

2) The will – we picked a lawyer out, filled out a ridiculously comprehensive worksheet and are waiting on one final answer before our appointment on Wednesday

3) Nicole’s bed- selected after visiting several stores. We’re getting her a white, full-sized one from IKEA. Ignoring the price in the picture I stole from their website, she’s getting the bed, end table, dresser and mirror. Once we coordinate a truck we’ll pick it up

4) Deck design – as you know, we settled on a shape. Yesterday we spent several hours at the Home and Garden show where we got some ideas to refine the details a bit more (use of stone and permanently putting in a grill). There were so many outdoor chimneys there on display that it got my mind turning but they’re ridiculously expensive ($5K-15,000) so it’s not going to make the final plans.


Goals for March include:
1) Fixing my car from the accident

2) Having a final draft of the will in our safe

3) Buying Nicole’s furniture, linens, curtains & artwork (Curious George is going to be the theme I think) and I found these cute wall stickers, amongst others, to decorate!

4) Making decisions on the morning room furniture (found some on Saturday we liked, just have to measure the room)

5) Sorting Nicole’s clothes for Chris-usable items

6) Submit deck plans to the city for approval

7) More??

We’re (Jim and I only!) also trying to plan one last get-away to NYC for April. Need to get doctor’s approval at my appt. on Friday though.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Ok - My responses (as if you were sitting beside me while I was reading your blog)

1) Good for you!
2) Hmmm, final answer?
3) WTH! That wench! That's the furniture I wanted for OUR bedroom! OMG! I'm gonna kill her! :) Seriously - Karen. Did you specifically decide on that because I loved that line or we're your just genuinely interested in it? Because if so, with the thousands of lines of furniture there are... And we choose the SAME one? W-o-w! *Hearts* It's fate that we've met!
4) Home and Garden show? Did we miss it? Dang!

___

1) That's a pain.
2) That shouldn't be too time consuming.
3) GRRR :)
4) I LOVE Curious George!
5) Me me me me me me me!!!!!
6) I'll need you both to show us how to do that...
7) NYC? Neat-o!!!

Laura said...

Cute room ideas...and the deck will be so awesome!

Martha said...

Glad you're feeling better!
I like the idea of the outdoor chimney. Or even a fire pit or something. :D

Decks need city approval? Huh. So much stuff I don't get.

Have a great Monday!

Finlands finest said...

Curious George is a fun theme!!! I really like the furniture, Nicole is getting so big--big girl furniture!!!


If you need a tour guide for NYC--Cindy would love to help out, I'm sure :)


I better be invited over for a barbicue on your deck :)

linds said...

i think you should let jim decorate her room. i would love to see how big he could make the periodic table on her wall :-)