Monday, March 16, 2009

Life Documented

I posted the bedroom furniture we’re getting for Nicole earlier. I ordered this quilt set for her this weekend. The room is a pale yellow and I wanted a comforter that had enough colors that it could withstand redecorating and not have to be repurchased. I'm now debating hand-painting the Curious George stuff on the wall so that the hues match the bedspread versus just using the wall stickers I found online.

Vacation plans came, went, came again, went again. We’re actually back to Plan A. Hope to have this finalized in the next few days. Otherwise I might lose my sanity for good.

I haven’t mentioned it yet but class is going well this semester. Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Students turn things in late, make excuses, frown when I refer them to the syllabus that states 2X that no late assignments are accepted. Discussion is better than usual. Got my first call where a student used me as a job reference… would have been nice if she forewarned me so I didn’t totally blank on who she was when I was caught off-guard with the HR person on the other end…

I'm 2/3 in Facebook Scrabble (behind Lisa by 10 and ahead of Dan by 35ish). It’s addictive and frustrating. The application is in Beta and doesn’t work ½ the time which is annoying because I check back very frequently. Lisa’s words are pissing me off (she got like 30 points for “jin”- total bullshit). My pew of 1 point tiles for the last 5 rounds is pissing me off. I played “Careen” to try to dump quantity and pick up new, good ones. Didn’t work that round but just now I acquired not one but 2 good letters with my play of “dow”… if I can only find a place to use them…. I will admit that I feel a compelling need to win at scrabble with my degree and what I consider a large vocabulary. I’ll also freely admit that my brain has a hard time unscrambling words so finding goods ones takes a lot of concentration (which makes me annoying to play with in real life). If I have to lose though, and I'm not saying this just to suck up, losing to Lisa is acceptable because for the same reasons as me should be a good player. I still won’t be happy if I lose though.

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

You are so competitive!! LOL

I like the bedding you choose for Nicole's room.

Viki said...

Ok, this is me catching up on a week's worth of blogs...

With Nics room, go with whatever's easier but still looks nice.

I like that your deck design is actually called "nice deck" in the store's system. When/if we ever need to build a deck, I'm hiring Jim.

I liked your post about driving. Driving was supposed to be my dad's thing...when it came time to teach me about the birds & the bees, my dad told my mom that she should tell the girls and he would tell the boys. Then, when it was Tony's turn, he told my mom that he'd teach us all how to drive. Writing it out sounds morbid, but we all get a chuckle of him having gotten out of that one, too.

Martha said...

Aww, such big-girl bedding! I like all the colors, too. It makes it very versatile, and therefore able to use for many many years. Bonus!!
I've had the same quilt post-college. It went from a blue motif, to now green. And looks good b/c it's green/pink/yellow/blue/lavendar plaid. :) Goes with lots of things. :) I still love it! (It's a discontinued Ralph Lauren king sized down comforter which I found on sale on the internet (smartbargains.com, I think) for just $70)

LisaMarie said...

For the record, she lost the first game...I beat her with the word DIG. LOL!!!!