Friday, March 06, 2009

The Day

Jenna and I went through a MOUNTAIN of clothes last night and discovered that

  • Chris has more 0-3 month stuff than I thought (most of it green and yellow but that’s okay) as far as onsies go.
  • Lisa’s comment to me in the car about little boys needing pants on is running through my mind. I let Nicole hang out in just a cute onsie (that was intended to stand alone as they’d have designs on the butt) but maybe that’s not how boys work? Maybe I need to buy him some shorts?
  • My biggest clothes hole is 12 month spring/summer stuff
  • Jenna kept saying that she thinks Chris will be long. I'm looking at these pants I bought for him and wondering if he’ll look dumb if they’re too short if she’s right…. Oh well! He’ll just be sitting/laying around anyway so you probably wont’ be able to tell.

----------------
I went to a funeral of a life-long friend of mine – a neighbor, Bill Miller. It was a very Catholic service and had me wondering about some logic. According to the priest’s homily:

  • He (the priest) feels that living life without a belief in a heaven would be a sad existence. Essentially knowing you were leading up to something better should inspire you to live happily and fully
  • We (all people) weren’t created with this life in mind but our heavenly eternal life

What had me wondering then was why this guy kept pushing Bill through surgeries, painful medication, and a rough life because the sanctity of life was more important and letting yourself die is against God’s will.

Well, if I'm created for a heavenly life and I believe it’s waiting for me, why the hell do I need to be resuscitated 50 times + over the course of 20 years to stay on this Earth?

----------------
I got a picture card of Max in the mail that had Jim and I laughing out loud. Only Lisa would use the word “sucks” on a baby card. Ha!

----------------
Today over lunch Jim and I went to see Nicole. This was the first time we BOTH went to see her over lunch and it was nice it was warm and we could all play outside. She figured out how to push the button and drive the power wheel and was having a grand time zooming around the yard. She’s getting to be a big kid.

1 comment:

Finlands finest said...

With babies I don't think it matters if the pants fit to the shoe in the same way that adults are concerned about fit. Because babies move around so much and wear diapers, their clothes fit differently anyway. I think Chris can go around the whole summer in a onesie, he doesn't need shorts too.

I can see why these thoughts were going through your head at the funeral. In a lot of faith/tradition I think there is contradiction. That is one of the things that I have been thinking about a lot in relation to my personal beliefs.

Nicole is getting to be a big kid! Hence the big girl bed you are buying for her.