Wednesday, March 04, 2009

23 Weeks & Counting

Few folks were kind enough to ask how Chris and I are doing – so far so good. The day I was sick, Friday, must have been loud with my stomach churning – he was up ALL DAY squirming around. I didn’t mind a bit because I was so bored and it least it was entertaining waiting to see where his next kick would come from. Apparently that wore him out because he was really quiet the next two days.

I'm still in the “cute” stage of being pregnant – big enough that there’s no mistaking that I'm knocked up versus just fat, but not a house yet. Now, being cute pregnant is not the same as being cute. Whereas other women might “awww” at me, sexy is not an adjective I’d remotely use. Poor Jim. I think I am smaller than I was with Nicole and I'm hoping this continues.

I have a bigger sweet tooth than last time though and I really have to keep myself in check to not munch an entire row of girl scout cookies. I go to the doctor on Friday and unlike last time I could care less how much weight I'm gaining – if I'm at 20lbs. already so be it.

Again I find myself happy we know the gender. Partially because I'm a planner and partially because it’s nice to be able to refer to the baby by name. Nicole can say “baby brother” and “baby Chris” if you say it first but won’t answer questions about him without the answers directly prompted. For record, we'll probably call him Christopher, Chris or CJ interchangeably.

Jenna’s coming over tomorrow night to help Nicole and I sort which clothes are gender-neutral enough to re-use. I need a greater feel of how much more of what he needs before I head to the mother’s sale on 3/28. Searching my memory back 19 months ago, many of the newborn onesies Nic had were green/yellow/orange and will work but by the 6 month size her wardrobe turned sharply to teal and purple and I fear his pickins will be slim. Jenny, Mom, and my Aunt Mary bought me a few clearly boy items and I picked up about $40 worth of stuff at Old Navy but a lot of it was 6-12 month in size and I think, again if memory serves me, I’ll have a [hopefully small] hole in the 3-6 month clothing size and definitely 12+.

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I am sure he could also wear red and any other color that is not pink....okay and maybe purple. :)

I'm glad you are so relaxed about everything. I think it is good for you!

Anonymous said...

If you have holes let me know....we can dig through some of Ry's stuff. The problem I think we are going to have is the two boys are a bit off cycle, meaning stuff that would fit Chris at birth are winter weight and so on. I might have some generic onsie thingyies and sleep stuff, but for the most part the outfits are heavier weight. Tell Jim I said his planning abliities there are not up to par. :)

Martha said...

aww!! I like the baby/pregnancy updates!! I also like photos to show the progression of the baby bump. :D

A pregnant chic is always cute once she's out of the "fat" stage. :D
Many men are rumored to find pregnant chics sexy.
I'd think pregnancy is sexy (labor, admittedly, definitely not. Okay, and maybe the final week or whenever the really uncomfortable early labor stage is). ;)

LisaMarie said...

I'm afraid to buy much further ahead than one size right now because of how GIGANTIC Max is. Did you have that problem with Nicole? Are you concerned about that with Chris?

I would loan you some clothes but they'll all be off by a season unless he grows slower.

I liked how I looked at about 6 months, just where you are now. You're right, it's a nice round belly and the clothes fit just right. Soon they will stretch too far and you'll have people asking you when you're due...as I'm sure you remember. :) So I'm glad you're enjoying the cute time.

And it's funny you're not worried about weight this time.

Viki said...

I think that pregnant women have a beauty that is very special and unique, and almost mysterious. I realize that might sound bad, but it's not meant to be at all. Remember that I'm the girl who will never get pregnant, yet the pregnant lady beauty thing is I think why I find myself always being protective of pregnant ladies. Anyway...

Katrin said...

Is dying an option? I've never done anything like that, so that might be a stupid suggestion...

I love all the Nicole videos!!!