Wednesday, December 24, 2008

still alive!

I’m off this and next week (2 weeks!!) for the Christmas and New Year holidays. This is the third year I’ve done it and will be sad to see the tradition end next year when my vacation time is eaten up by maternity leave.

Some notes on what we’ve been up to:
1) our computer has a virus that is quite persistent and required us to actually take it into a shop for repair. As a result, I’ve not had access to the internet to read/post. I’m using Jim’s work computer now

2) We are errand crazy around here. We’re gone for hours a day for last minute Christmas shopping, new drivers licenses, etc. Nicole is so used to going that she grabs my hand to go bye-bye if we’ve been home too long.

3) We’re watching Weeds on DVD thanks to Lisa and Kendall. First season was only so-so but the second is shaping up okay. We’re really looking forward to Heroes which is our next series to watch.

4) Tonight we head to Mom and Dad’s and tomorrow everyone comes here. Mom’s having turkey and we’re having roast beef which was much more expensive than I thought it would have been. I’ll be roasting my first turkey ever when we host Jim’s family on Saturday. I baked a blueberry buckle this afternoon and already started on the baby jello molds (in red and green of course!) for dinner. I’m really really really hoping they set right. I’m nervous- they’re what I’m counting on the “that looks great!” for.

3 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Yummmm...roast beef.....

You'll do fine with the turkey, I've made two now. They're not that hard. :) The key to getting that golden skin is multiple bastings, esp at the very end. :)

Since you're off next week maybe we can meet at the Dayton mall and have lunch with our kids. :) I can drive now. :) :)

TreyJ said...

Hope that your computer gets better. Is it in Intensive Care right now?

Finlands finest said...

How did the hosting go? I am sure it was a success! Enjoy your time off.