Sunday, December 28, 2008

Life Update for 12/28/08

So, Christmas has come and gone. I remember more of what Nicole got (bath crayons, a puzzle, TONS of clothes, a real goldfish she named “Bubble”) than what I got actually. I suppose that’s how it’ll be for a while now. That’s not all bad. :)

We celebrated Jenny and Kelly’s birthday on Friday night. We’re all turning 30 but as I have a late birthday (September) I get to be at the end of the pack making the leap. That’s not all bad either. We had Graeter’s ice cream and I loved every bite. Made a mental note to stop in more frequently even if a single scoop is 2/3 the cost of a half gallon at the grocery store.

Jim’s side’s Christmas at our house was a bust for the most part. One aunt and uncle cancelled that morning because their oldest and his wife were in labor. Jim’s mom and stepfather got their load re-routed and didn’t make it a priority to come north anyway so they didn’t show. A boyfriend didn’t make the trip so that left just four visitors and us. Not all that exciting, unfortunately.

Nicole is HUGE into two things this week: 1) riding in her new Radio Flyer wagon and sitting at the computer and typing on the keyboard (not a problem as it’s not attached to an actual computer as it’s still in the shop). Lots of cute pictures but no computer to download them to!

As of today I’m over 1/3 done being pregnant (14 weeks). Not really showing yet but still very tired. Being pregnant is different this time as I’m obviously aware that I’m pregnant all the time but I am so busy with life, work, Nicole, etc. that I go for long stretches where I forget. That’ll be different when the baby starts moving and I can feel it though. I need to go back two years ago and re-read my Nicole postings. I have a doctor appointment next Friday that the whole family will attend and I think we’ll find out the gender in February!

5 comments:

Viki said...

Too bad the Christmas with Jim's family was a bust, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise because it meant less work for a tired lady?

It's cute when kids want to try to type - I think we have an extra keyboard laying around somewhere that I'd be happy to send for when you do get your computer back. :-)

Finlands finest said...

Glad you enjoyed the Graeters!!

I want to see pics of Nicole on her computer!!

Martha said...

And will you be revealing the gender to us, too? :)
A scoop of graeters sound delicious. Except I have a cold (actually, I'm trying NOT to come down with said cold, but I do have a scratchy throat) so I'm off dairy until it's gone. But in general, Graeters sounds delicious!
You think part of your Christmas was not all that exciting, but I agree with Viki. :D

Sarah said...

I have never had Graeters, so I have no idea if it sounds good or not!

I want to see pictures of Nicole in her Radio Flyer and typing!!

TreyJ said...

"A boyfriend didn’t make the trip..."

How many boyfriends do you have?

:-p