Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Raining Clothes!

I put a onesie on Nicole today that had a turtleneck top and was clearly too short to be snapped and be comfortable (y0u could see it stretching). So, into the outgrown pile it went. I wondered though what other winter treasures were in boxes in the basement that are 24mo. in size that might fit so we took an adventure downstairs, brought a full bag and box upstairs, and started the sorting process again.

Holy crap did we find a lot of stuff.

Thanks to hand-me-downs she's gotten, Nicole's wardrobe just got injected with 4 new pairs of jeans, 2 jammies, about two dozen shirts, 2 pairs of tights, 3 dresses, 6 SUPER cute sweaters, and a pink Bengals sweatshirt.... And that's just what I remember!

While I was in a clothes sorting mood I fetched all my "outgrown" clothes (clothes I shrunk out of when my thyroid went wack-o) that now might be perfect for my not-yet-materity-clothes worthy body. I'm growing at a smaller pace with baby #2 which isn't all bad as most of the things that came out of the bags are still pretty stylish and I predict I'll get another 2-4 weeks out of them at this rate.

I know it's dumb but I'm really excited for us both to model our new outfits. It's like shopping without spending- what a feeling!

6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

LOL! Isn't that a great feeling. I know that since the neighbor gave us the huge bag of clothes from her kids for Mackenzie we haven't needed to get much of anything. But, not I'm seeing that she growing like a weed and her wardrobe is slimming down too. Boo to that, but thank goodness for Christmas!

Martha said...

and if you have another girl - born just around the same time Nicole was - you can reuse ALL these clothes again. :) Another reason I'm rooting for a little sister for Nicole. :D

TreyJ said...

Getting new stuff is always nice, even better when you don't have to spend for it!

Finlands finest said...

Thats how I felt when I went shopping in Cindy's closet!!

linds said...

I have been singing "It's Raining Men" since I read this blog!!!

LisaMarie said...

This is awesome. For both you and Nicole. :) No treasure trove like this in my house...