Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Official!

I’d done it before of course but, for the first time ever, I wasn’t nervous. I was actually… excited. I even went to the extent of recording a 45 second video of it happening on my camera and took several pictures of the finished product to make sure I had the right lighting and as little glare as possible. The photo needed to be clear enough for the card I was making. Fortunately, the shot came out okay.

The outside of my card read “10, 9, 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1…” and when Jim opened it up it said: “ready or not HERE I COME” with the double-lined pregnancy test pic taped to the left. Yeah, he was pretty surprised. Just stared at it for a bit then looked at me with wide eyes.

:)

So there you have it – the new news in the family! We’re officially due on 6/28/09 (I'm 10.5 weeks along) and we go to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Jim’s birthday, 12/15.

I feel, in order, tired, hungry and cold all of the time. Physically I’m really good 95% of the time and the other 5% I'm a little car sick, have stomach cramping, or feel a bit lightheaded. I’ll take it though- nothing to complain about!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for more Eutsler babies!!!

Finlands finest said...

Love the story of how you told Jim!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations! So excited for you guys. As long as you don't deliver June 11-14, I vow to NOT be on vacation this time and to take care of you when you deliver him/her!

Martha said...

Congratulations, Karen and Jim!

Anonymous said...

Such a Blessing. God Bless

Martha said...

Wait a minute...
You took a 45 second clip of "it happening" and it = pregnancy?!??

Karen said...

oh my god no. that was more than 45 seconds. give the man some credit!!!

i was talking about watching that little line appear!

Jenna said...

Yea! Now I can burst! HORRAY!!! I am so glad to know you this time around and I am here for ANYTHING! I am only a hop, skip, and jump away!

linds said...

I have been waiting for this post!!! I can't wait to see him (since you are having one of each :-))! Let us know what we can do to help you out.

Martha said...

Oh, Karen, I didn't mean it was *complete* in that 45 seconds. I do give Jim more credit than that!!
I was just surprised you were announcing that you taped it...
:)
Nicole's in for a surprise! :)

Cortny said...

Karen and Jim (and Nic) CONGRATULATIONS!! What a fantastic Christmas present. I hope you feel well enough during the holidays. Best of luck! Maybe someday we'll meet BOTH of your little ones ;)

Katharine said...

martha totally thinks like i do...i was very much amused by the "I even went to the extent of recording a 45 second video of it happening on my camera and took several pictures"

Katharine said...

....and of course....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

LisaMarie said...

:) Why couldn't you have timed this better? Then our kids would be the same age. :P HAHA.

Okay, so they'll be about 6 months apart. I can live with that. So I guess it better be a boy then.

Can't wait to see you get fat all over again while I start to get skinny. :P *hugs*

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm sooooo excited. Congrats to you both and I can't wait to see pics of the future little one!

Laura said...

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!

Tom said...

Congrats - we are so excited for you two (or 4)!

As for the 45 second thing - I don't want to brag - but I can cut that time in half! :)

Katrin said...

Hooray! What wonderful news!!!

Haha - so in about 11 weeks I'll have to have burnt pizza again, right? :) :) :)

I am so happy for you! Congratulations.

Viki said...

:-) Congrats dear. :-)