Friday, December 05, 2008

Enjoying a day off work

I have made HUGE Christmas shopping strides. I finished up Nicole (I think…) today with my purchases of a magna doodle, farm animal puzzle (wooden with the plastic knobs to hold the pieces by), and bath crayons. She already has some elephant slippers, an outfit and books waiting for her too…. I also got Grandma’s tea kettle & mom’s perfume. Forgot to look for Jim’s ___, but I have time.

I got irritated at the lady at Hobby Lobby who insisted I needed 100% cotton material for my sewing project. That’s not what I wanted but figured she knew best. I should have called mom who told me what I had initially picked out would have worked fine. So, I went back out to my favorite fabric store (that I should have gone to in the first place….) and bought what I wanted. I even got the little tag that says “Specially Handmade by Karen” on it to attach to the finished product. :)

This morning was rough - I had 2 hours of B-A-D cramps to the point that I couldn't move from the couch (being vertical was too painful) and actually called the doctor to come in for a check-up. Of course by the time I got there at 10:30 I was perfectly fine. BLEH. This good visit negated the need for my previously scheduled second visit on 12-15-08 where Jim and I were going to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I felt really guilty as it was happening because he wasn't there, but I got to hear the heartbeat by myself today - 160/min.

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Being almost finished with Christmas shopping rocks!!

What are you making with the fabric?

Viki said...

Don't feel guilty - I would've been running to the doctor if I were you, and it's better to be safe...

Congrats on the shopping...I'm still in need of a few things to pick out for Trey's family. Why is it that we married ladies allow ourselves to put up with shopping for two families?

LisaMarie said...

Dude, I would have gone in about the cramps too. So don't feel too guilty. It's better to know everything is okay. And the fact that you heard a heartbeat makes your chances of miscarriage less than 5% now. Which is what the cramps would have freaked me into thinking.

Mamma Sarah said...

Better to be safe than sorry. I had that same feeling... :-D

Ms. Sarah said...

I understand the guilty feelings, but agree that it was better to be safe than sorry and get checked out by the doc.

I haven't done any Christmas shopping.