Friday, November 02, 2007

Whaz Up

Few life updates:

1) Three weekends in a row- 3 attended weddings! Whew! The Cetti’s commented that we go to more weddings than anyone they know and “shouldn’t you be out of the wedding phase yet?” Apparently not! The one tomorrow night is the last one we know about though as I don’t know any more engaged people!
2) Jim’s parents are now staying with us through December 2 (at our new house).
3) I think Nicole might be getting some tooth buds… she’s drooling more and biting more- including things I wish she wouldn’t if you catch my drift
4) Nic is also gone through a growth spurt I think – she’s now as long as a standard pillow!
5) Remember how I said Vickie (MIL) and Nicole were getting along better? I was wrong.
6) The nursery décor will be done this weekend *fingers crossed* with the work I’ve done this week. The bumpers Sarah’s quilting will be the finishing touch - I’ll post pictures if so!
7) Thanks to a full day and a half off work, Jim and his mom have the old house cleaned out and ready to sit vacant, but in showable condition. Pictures to follow…
8) I'm in third place for the league for my individual bowling in the women’s series category!
9) I feel itchy to order new furniture – I got a tour of a neighbor’s house on Halloween and they are fully moved in and it looks like a real house. Rooms are painted, no boxes, even decorative pillows are out on the beds. I want furniture.
10) My 3 year wedding anniversary is next week. This is our “leather” anniversary – perhaps some FURNITURE is in order?
11) Jim looked up how much our neighbors paid for their house (public record) which might be tacky, but we’re tacky so oh well. Yeah, don’t see where the extra $130,000 they spent over what we did makes their house any better… they do have a deck and a finished basement, but we will too eventually and for a heck of a lot less than $130K

7 comments:

Martha said...

umm, what's the wedding phase that you should have outgrown?

Laura said...

We look up housing prices in public records all the time! And we sneak and grab flyer of houses for sale on our street...gotta know those things!

Megs said...

I WANT TO SEE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!!

Karen said...

oh i love attending weddings- and i'd support you getting married 3X so i can drink and dance more!

Katharine said...

martha, i think it's a reference to most people getting married/ attending many weddings around the end of college.....and then again in the mid 20s (generally for the grad students or people who wanted to work a while first)....by about 26 or 27, see, everyone should be married (so they can have kids by the time they're 30), though i don't know where that puts us, other than maybe spinsters? ;)

Martha said...

I know, but I didn't like it. Kathy, instead of going towards spinsters, I think we need to think a la Carrie Bradshaw/Sex and the City - we need to register for being single and have our married friends buy us fabulously expensive shoes and whatever indulgence we may have. ;)

Finlands finest said...

Can I get in on the indulgences?? I would love to get a new wardrobe ;)