Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Taking off work to work

I took yesterday off to work on the current house and to get Nic to her 4 mo. doctor’s appointment. Somehow I didn’t even get to start working (painting) until 12:45 and I only got 1 thing done! AUGH.

Nicole Updates:

  • Nicole’s head is in the 25%ile
  • She is 25 inches long which makes her in the 50th percentile for length
  • She’s grown to a whopping 16lbs. 3 oz which means she’s in the 93rd percentile

Sleeping through the night is NOT going well and we have some new marching orders from the pediatrician to try. Last night was a L-O-N-G night of trying to comply with directions of not feeding her mid-night which we ultimately altered at 4:15am with the excuse of “breaking her in”. Hopefully tonight will go better.

I did get to paint her bathroom though – it’s a periwinkle color and looks quite nice. I need to make some curtains for the room and hope to accomplish this (*gasp* on my own without mother’s supervision!?!?) this week.

6 comments:

Megs said...

ATLEAST she's healthy... who cares if she's a little fatty mcgavin... that'll all even out later! Best of luck with sleeping through the night!

Martha said...

Yea.
I slept thru the night last night. It was nice. :) Didn't have to get up and feed anyone.

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad she's doing so well. I'm sure she'll get out of the bad habit of waking... there are some kids who don't until close to their first birthday.

Laura said...

Ella had been sleeping great until she hit 4 months, then her sleep got worse. To the point of me getting up every hour! But we are coming up on 5 months and this week she has slept 8 hours straight all week. So hang in there! I read that 4 months is a huge developmental time for them and they just change sleep patterns as they adjust to being more aware of the world around them.

Anonymous said...

Ryann is so excited that her cousin is coming over tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, this is Pastor Joe from Christ Prince of Peace church. As you can see, I did a search to try and find your address to send you a card and found your blog. It's great! I just wanted to say how wonderful it was to have the three of you(especially Nicole!)in church with us last Sunday and hope you'll be back. As I was reading your blog, it looks like you have quite a bit to pray about, so I am including your family in my daily prayers. Feel free to give me a call or e-mail me at cjoehadley@gmail.com. God bless all of you. - Pastor Joe