Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Life Happenings

  • My mother-in-law is finishing up the paint in the dining room today and we’ll have the furniture moved in there tonight! Does anyone know where I can get the plastic/metal frames that you set plates/bowls in to display them in a china cabinet? I don’t just want to lean them against the back mirrors…
  • Vendors: The hardwood floor people should be at our house fixing nail pops as I type! The window people are coming to replace 2 windows that have a seal leak in the living room this afternoon. The TV repair guy needs to be called back out as we have an HD input issue that Time Warner diagnosed for us and Jim confirmed. Our new walkway up to the front door will be replaced with a prettier, curvier walk next week. The drywall folks are coming tomorrow to replace the ceiling in the basement stairs – it needed to be cut to gain access to the squeaky kitchen stairway. The countertop people, who are going to redo 2 parts of counter seams I'm still not happy with, are coming at the end of the week. All these things = so great that my MIL is home all day to greet them!
  • We had a walk-thru on the “old” house yesterday. We are very eager to hear the comments from the prospective buyers. I'm about ready to go off royally on my realtor who I feel has done very little but Jim’s keeping me cool…. For now.
  • The lot next door to our “new” house just sold. A Courtland (same model as the model house) will be built to a couple who may or may not have children. We wish it was one more down and not RIGHT next door as we’re enjoying the extra space but they didn’t ask our opinion. :) Another lot in the neighborhood sold and will break ground mid-December which seems like odd timing to me, but what do I know? This makes for 9 total houses in the neighborhood sold so far.
  • The lot behind us has been officially deemed “unbuildable”- more reason for us to take it over!!

7 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Yeah for helpful MILs and extra big backyards.

I think it is wonderful that all of your 'problems' will be fixed this week.

Laura said...

I'm pretty sure you can get those racks at Micheal's and Super JoAnnes.

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad to hear all your problems will be taken care of and luck that your MIL is there to handle the traffic.

Hooray for a big backyard. Sounds like Niki will be getting a rockin' jungle gym set in the future so she and her friends/cousins/boyfriends can play all day.

Martha said...

"take over" like buy, or "take over" like silently take advantage of it until they decide to do something with it?
Housing market's pretty crappy right now (good for us buyers! except in Portland....prices are still increasing).

Megs said...

I was going to say the same thing about the racks - Michaels... or even Gabriel Brothers maybe? (I just passed there about an hour ago)

That's awesome that this is all getting done this week. And even though it's very little work on your part, atleast it's something you don't have to worry about and rooms can finally be put together and whatnot.

You really should start posting more pictures like the ones you did of Nicole's room! Even if it isn't finished... we want visuals!

LisaMarie said...

I agree with Megan, you should start posting pictures....or throw a really big party....HINT HINT!!!!!

Viki said...

I was going to suggest Hobby Lobby?

Glad things are falling into place. :-)