Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Deep Breath... Now Keep On Going!

I think it’s about time I file a “Missing Blogger Report” on myself. Things have been busy at home and work and haven’t allowed for even a spare 2 minutes to write or comment lately. Busy = good as I’m actually being somewhat productive.

Some updates:
1) Nicole’s sleeping is really coming along. She now goes through the night and when she wakes up it’s for less than 7 minutes normally and though she whines (mostly not crying) she gets herself back to sleep on her own without our intervention. We set up the monitor in both of our rooms but were chided as novices by Jim’s co-workers- “Monitors are for day, when the kid’s napping, not for night when they should put themselves back to sleep and you shouldn’t care if they’re awake” was the gist. Ah well. Note that I’m still getting up around 2 most nights to check on her (make sure she’s still breathing- will this concern ever disappear?). Still, it’s over 6 hours of sleep- I’ll take it. It’s funny, when Nicole sleeps we put her down long-ways in the bed. When she wakes up and whines she spins and we find her perpendicular in the bed the next morning.
*update: Last night she slept from 8:30 - 6:15 with only one 4 minute wake-up! Maybe we've made it through sleep training in 1 week!!!! *fingers crossed*

2) As you might have noticed from the past blog’s comments, we did attend a new church this weekend. Though small, they were some of the most polite and welcoming folks we’ve met in a long time. Nicole chatted, often loudly, through the service but people didn’t mind a bit. We’re going to go to another Methodist church in the area (making our Methodist“interview” process 3-fold) as well as 1 or 2 other non-Methodist churches just for good measure. Hopefully we’ll settle into a new place by the end of the year.

3) Work has been BUSY. Being out of the office has not allowed me to get many projects done and I’m REALLY behind on a few. Megan’s helping me out quite a bit but even she’s inundated.

4) We ordered furniture! A LOT of furniture. Thank God for financing!! Our new master bedroom set, dining room set, and jewelry chest should be arriving on Friday. The entertainment center is on special order and hopefully will be here by Christmas. Jim has talked me into buying a new flat panel plasma for our bedroom wall and we might be hitting a black Friday sale EARLY (6am?) to get a good deal on one at Sears.

5) Things with Jim’s parents are still going well. Vickie makes dinner every night and has gotten
into a cleaning routine that includes bathrooms, dusting, swiffering, etc. We are getting spoiled! Hopefully we’re showing our appreciation well enough. Another month though seems like a long time.

6) Jim’s taking tomorrow off to take Doug to the doctor but claims he has too much to do and won’t let me add to his list. Booooo!

7) Oh, and the nice lady from the wedding we went to called to get together. Remember her, she's the one who gave me her phone number! Anyway, I was pumped she called and laughed when her suggestion of things we could do was take the kids for a walk (her daughter Lindsay is just a week older than Nicole if I remember correctly). So cute! So stay-at-home mom!


6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

OMG she's freakin adorable and glad to see the pink elephant is getting a work out. :-)

Glad to hear you haven't run off to some exotic place... I was beginning to wonder.

Katrin said...

Good to hear from you! I hope the busy-ness will fad away soon, so that you can get some time to breath for yourself. :)

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like busy does=good.

Nicole is getting so big. I haven't seen her since the day she was born. :)

How Nice, brand new furniture, and house being cleaned by mother-in-law. Can't beat that!!

LisaMarie said...

Can't wait to see all your new stuff! And you should go LCD not plasma. We're going to get a LCD 32 inch for our bedroom.

Viki said...

I wouldn't mind getting a cool TV, but I won't allow one in our bedroom. I think Trey agrees...at least he says he does...

I'm thinking that if we end up coming out ahead this year, meaning the extra Christmas gigs we do this year earn more than we shell out for gifts (and this year it's looking good) I'm going to spring for a cleaning service to come and clean my house really well one day.

Nicole is looking cute...we need to come out and visit again soon. :-)

Megs said...

That video of Nicole is just adorable! I need to babysit my nieces and nephews soon and if you'd like, you can bring Nicole by and join the party so you and Jim can have a night out. Even if it just is for dinner and a movie or s omthing :)

Can't wait to see the house... I'm so anxious considering I hear about it all the time!