Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shopping Fanatic

I’m not sure if this is just a thing women can do, but as I prepared to get dressed for the day I realized that I could tell you where I bought every piece of clothing I own. Much of it comes from the outlet malls, TJ Maxx, and Lerner NY. But even without looking at the label I know where every item came from and approximately how old it is.

On the same subject, sometimes I feel awkward shopping at the store where I bought the clothes I’m wearing. Especially if it’s an item still out on the showroom floor. Is that weird?

5 comments:

LisaMarie said...

I know how you feel...when you love a clothing store you want to go back there, and inevitably you'll end up wearing something they have out. I figure I'm just a walking advertisement at that point...hehe.

Finlands finest said...

I know where almost all of my clothes came from and what I paid for them as well. Don't know if I ever wore clothes from a store back to the store when they were still out....I would think you shouldn't feel wierd, like lisa said, you are a walking advertisement!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Alright, this is an area where I'm a typical guy.

I don't care to know any of those things. If it fits, and I look good in it, then everything is cool.

If it doesn't fit, doesn't look good, it goes to Goodwill.

Mamma Sarah said...

I would agree with Lisa about being a walking ad for the store. Being prego... it changes a lot and you DO become a walking ad, just because of the limited number of store... you go 3 season when your prego so you still find stuff on the floor and even in clearance.

Viki said...

I, too, remember where I bought everything and how much I paid for it...my sister is even worse, though. She can tell you where she bought it, how much it cost, the discount she got, who she was with, and how they got together to buy their items so as to get the biggest discount. :-)