Friday, July 14, 2006

Nighttime Predictions

I had a dream last night that my office (which wasn’t laid out in the same floorplan as my current office, but I knew it was my office nonetheless) and that of all my co-workers weren’t really professional spaces but bedrooms that we got to paint and decorate myself. I had one of the largest spaces and mine was green and tan with a pretty white comforter on the queen-sized bed. Others’ spaces weren’t as pretty as mine but were done in their own style and suited them accordingly.

I knew that we were going to move soon and that our new space wasn’t going to be bedroom format but more traditional with desks and credenzas and the like. While I was excited about the move, I kept staring in the doorway to my current office and knew I was going to miss it.

The dream flashed ahead for just a 30 second clip of our new offices with windows and modern furniture. My boss, who I was waiting to see, was slammed with 4 people in his office and the phone ringing. I smiled at how successful we are, but I longed for the comfortable nature of our old building.

I’m going to self-analyze this dream and assume that my sub-conscious was telling me that I’m very comfortable at my current job. Things are going right and I feel at home being here. Even in my dream though I recognize that time is moving on and that I’m going to move with it. The changes that were made didn’t make me unhappy, just less happy than I was (at least for that time being). I know that there are things in the future that will change status quo and that it won’t be the same in the new office as it is here; then again, my current status as an employee, sales person, person, etc. won’t stay the same (in general) either. The next few weeks will be very interesting….

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur :) Embrase change. Always remember the past with fondness but have the willingness to adapt to the world around you, for you can not stand without roots but you can not grow or blossom without the sun and rain!
Nice dream, I hope it leaves you feeling somewhat at ease with any changes that may be coming your way (since it may not necessarily just mean professionally).

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Change is good. Those that stop changing die. And even then they don't stop changing, they just stop realizing the change.

I think things may change more than you realize (or expect) in the next few weeks.

Mamma Sarah said...

:-D You have some cool dreams.

LisaMarie said...

Dude, do these other people know something that I don't? Are you dying or something? They sound all enigmatic like they know something about your life that I don't...weird...

Anyways, I assume you'll be calling me to tell me you're going to be a teacher in the fall and that you've finally seen the light and feel the need to make less money and get treated like crap. LOL!!!!!

Either that, or your dream is telling you that secretly, you want to work as a hooker. HA!

LisaMarie said...

Oh man I crack myself up!

Viki said...

I want a nice, comfy bed at work (but I don't want to be a hooker). Either that or I want to paint my desk area fun colors instead of the stark white is now...

Karen said...

lisa, i laughed until tears streamed down my face when i read your comments!
1) you're damn funny
2) i remember when we used to tease each other about wanting to hook for a living
3) you're damn funny

Karen said...

and jess is quite insightful. you should write a book and compete w/dr. phil

LisaMarie said...

I'm always glad to be an amusement....strangely enough, even when I'm not trying people say they laugh at me...oh geez, I get it now...AT....not WITH...that can't be good...