Monday, July 10, 2006

Convention in AZ Status

Day 2 in AZ… still bored. I ate dinner last night in a restaurant in the hotel called Signature Grill. I ate out on the patio and had freshly made guacamole, a iceburg lettuce wedge salad and cheesecake. These three items’ total cost was less than over half of individual entrée’s price. this was the 3rd most expensive gig here - Primo and Cheyene are still pricier. Geez.

Being stuck here, as I mentioned, I’m limited on places to eat. This morning I wanted to go someplace else but found myself back at Signature because I couldn’t find the place I wanted on the map. I had the breakfast buffet ($14) which consisted of granola cereal, fresh fruit, oatmeal, pastries/bread, and salmon. Now, I know that fancy people eat raw salmon for breakfast but this is not something I normally have available. So, I tried a piece with some onion, lemon, tomato, egg, and cilantro. Holy crap is that stuff good!! So, I had 4 more pieces (about 2X1” rolls). Loved it! Enough to go back to breakfast there tomorrow? We'll see.

The lunch place I tried to go to, Salud, was closed (what the… ?) so for lack of time I ate at the closest restaurant – frickin’ Signature Grill. I am beginning to recognize the servers there .

Why am I only commenting on the food on the trip? BECAUSE THAT’S THE ONLY THING GOING ON HERE.

At 2:00pm I went to the first portion of the tradeshow were I have a booth. This was by far the highlight of the day because I got to see/talk to other people, and because we were slammed from beginning to end. Lots of good business opportunities!! Hopefully this level of activity does not mean that I’ll be bored at the show tomorrow…

In about a half hour I’m heading out of here for the informal night. We’re going to the Pima Air Museum to look at lots of planes (including an old Air Force One – the one JFK’s successor was sworn in on according to one convention goer) and eat dinner. Hopefully this will be fun! If not, it’s back to The Gunslinger…

7 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Hopefully things will perk up. How long are you there?

Mamma Sarah said...

Hopefully things will perk up. How long are you there?

LisaMarie said...

Bummer on the trip. At least you found something new you like to eat! Now the real question is....would Jim eat it? Haha. Just keep blogging, it will be good therapy...

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Blech sounds boring this year.

Hopefully something happens to spice things up some.

Finlands finest said...

Breakfast sounds good to me!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're bored but hopefully you bring back more stuff for me to do! I'm getting tired of all these MPLS and LD quotes! Give me some wireless! They should have sent me with you! A happier employee works more diligently! I don't know if I said that right but I'm sure you get my drift. Good luck today!

Viki said...

The salmon isn't raw technically - it's smoked. So as to whether or not Jim would it eat...Trey wouldn't eat raw salmon (doesn't do the sushi thing) but he would probably eat the smoked kind. That stuff does rock, though!