Monday, July 31, 2006

Alaska Day 2!

Our trip consisted of 4 ports and two days of sailing. Sunday was one of our sailing days where we spent the entire day on-board. As you can imagine, Royal Caribbean set up lots of activities to keep the passengers occupied and so began the Templin/Eutsler et al. week of winning.

As most of you know (or assume through knowing me) the Templin clan is viciously competitive. Dale kicked things off by winning the ping-pong tournament, beating Jim, Greg, Steve, Dave and Jonathan. The person that Dale played to win (also the guy who knocked Jim out of the tournament) was there forward known as “Ping Pong Dave” whenever we saw him the rest of the week. This victory netted Dale 5 Ship Shape Dollars (on-board money).

For you Midwesterners they did have several cornhole tournaments on board. While our group did not do so well in the first one, Jim did pull out a win for the home team on Friday. Bryan got 2nd place in the ring toss tournament and I think Greg got second in the billiards tournament. A bunch of us played Bingo in the late morning and while I was 1 away 2 times I never got to call Bingo or win the $200+ prizes.

On Sunday night the main production show had some guy from Shanana (?) that my parents knew but none of us “youngsters” knew. Of all people Dad (Steve) got picked to participate in the hula-hoop competition on stage in front of about 400 people which was hilarious for us to watch. Dale recorded the event which I will post once I get it.

Up Next: Juneau!

5 comments:

Viki said...

Hooray for winning lots of stuff, or not winning lots of stuff when you weren't winning. Trey and I still need to do the cornhole thing at the bar near our house...

LisaMarie said...

You didn't know who Sha Na Na was??!?!?!?! Who are you???? Hehehe...I really did know who they were. They got their name from the 1957 song, Get a Job.

Anyways, I can't promise to comment on every day of your trip, but I have to ask, are you wearing a SWEATER in that bingo picture??!!!!

Karen said...

hell yes i was wearing a sweater - i did most of the week! it was about 60 degrees up there!

Gtemp said...

Oh how little she remembers of me. I happen to win the pool tournament! :P I miss Juan and Ida... Lol

LisaMarie said...

God I miss cold weather....stupid freaking 98 degrees....