Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Two Cool Invites in 1 Day!

Yesterday was a pretty awesome day of opportunity. The work-day went well professionally – I was pretty productive and was happy with what I accomplished by 5:00. A client of mine offered to take me on a hot air balloon ride sometime. His wife is a bit afraid of the heights and he’d like someone to go along. I was really excited though Jim’s sentiments echoed the wife’s so he’s sitting this adventure out. Exciting!

I got to leave a little early at the end of the day because my friend Lori invited me to go to the zoo for a reception. She snagged free tickets from her mother who’s company donated bunches of money and were being thanked. We milled around and checked out the koalas, baby cheetahs, flamingos, snakes, etc. and snacked on crab cakes and spring rolls. Both in our 20’s, we probably lowered the average attendee age to 60 or so which made finding an exciting dinner table pretty impossible. After our dinner, however, they did a tribute to Cathryn Hilker who turned 75 and has put the Cincinnati Zoo on the map with her work with cheetahs. This woman is a stud when it comes to cheetahs and Lori was all a flurry with excitement to meet her.

So meet her we did and not only did she get a picture with the renowned Cathryn, but she hooked us up with a personal invite from her to PET A CHEETAH. Holy crap. Now the key is nagging Lori and remind her that Cathryn said “and bring your friend” when the invite was extended!

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

That is awesome!! I would love to have an opportunity to pet a cheetah! WOW! Tell Lori that I want to come too! Riding in a hot air balloon is on my list of things to do....is there room for 3?

Viki said...

I'd like a hot air balloon thing, too, but Trey is afraid of heights so I'm sure he'd be better off hanging out with Jim.

I love the zoo. :-) Yesterday when we went we got to see a bunch of baby animals, including a pair of baby gorilla twins and a baby orangatang (sp?).

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I'm jealous. I want to own a big cat, so petting one would be the next best thing!

Mamma Sarah said...

WOW! That's cool! Sounds like you had an awesome day of connecting and opportunities. :-) You'll have to take lots of pics for both adventures when you do them.

Ahhh the zoo... Danny and I were just talking about the zoo and how we needed to visit the Cincy one. It's been years for me... and he's never been to the Cincy one. Now we just need to get him out of work sometime to get down there.:-D