Sunday, June 04, 2006

Saturday Fishing

Yesterday Jim, Greg, Grandpa and I went fishing up at Red’s Lake. I’ll admit I was a bit rusty on casting but learned pretty quickly and ended up catching more fish (sunfish, croppies, bass) than the boys. Grandpa kept teasing them that I was going to be offering casting lessons for $15/hour as they could only get the line out 2/3 as far as I did.

For the record:
YES, I bait my own hook (with minnows).
YES, I will unhook my own catch.
YES, I did eat my doughnut after fishing for 2 hours and did not wash my hands first.
YES, I waited until I got home so I didn’t have to pee in the woods.

Greg is exceptionally funny. He had us laughing all morning with the naming of his bait, justifications for he and grandpa not having butts, the necessity for him to get a “sugar momma in the near future”.

Grandpa didn’t fish with us but served as maintenance man the whole morning: I got a bad tangle, Jim broke his rod on his first cast, and many a fish swallowed the hook and required pliers to remove it. Still, a good time had by all.

Here’s some pics so you too can “relive” the morning:

Grandpa: Teacher, Maintenance Man, Contest Referee

He got one!

A pretty bass!
(and quite a handsome husband!)

He caught it too well! It turned into a 2-man job to unhook it!
One of Many!

Fishin' Men

10 comments:

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Hehehehe, looks like fun!

Mamma Sarah said...

So cute you all are. :-) I like the proud hubby pic with the fish the best. You should print and frame it... or better yet, put it in place of the ducks above your mantel. :-D

Karen said...

jim laughed out loud at your comment, sarah!

LisaMarie said...

I have a picture of Kendall with a fish somewhere....it's like 3 inches long, it's a hilarious shot.

And you missed taking the BEST picture of all....a picture of Jim holding you! You were his BEST catch yet!

Viki said...

Cute pics - I like fishing, but I'm not so good with the baiting the hook thing. Worms are Ok, but not other fish.

Good job on not peeing all day. I probably would've had to go in the woods...a few times. :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Awwww... (in response to Lisa's comment) oh so true though!

Finlands finest said...

That looked like great fun! I don't think I could've baited my hooks with fish....

Karen said...

lisa, you're adorable! thanks for the comment!

TreyJ said...

I love fishing...wish I could do it more. Maybe some day.

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»