Friday, June 23, 2006

Homearama 2006 Highlights

One of the prettier ponds in a backyard


The prettiest nursery I saw! Mom claims the dust that the draperies would collect would drive me nuts but I think it looks nice.


Holy Shower, Batman!


This playroom was awesome! It had a chalkboard (left), tent, picnic table (right) and many other play set things that are further left than this picture caught.


The neatest feature in 2 houses this year - a back wall that was really sliding glass doors. These doors opened up to the patio (where my mom and grandmother are standing) that had screends to enclose it need be. This feature essentially added another 1/3 to the size of the new larger room and brought a really great indoor/outdoor blend to the area.


One of many basements that was 2X larger than my current house!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have known that you were going last night!! Bryan called me with tickets as well, however, I have A) no ride there and B) no one to go with. :( Oh well, I'm glad that you had fun!

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

Looks fantastic. It's neat what they can do with these things.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that part of me rails against this though. Part of me sees this type of thing as wasteful, and wonders how much good the money spent to do such things would do in Africa, or the Middle East, or even Louisiana and Mississippi where Katrina came through.

Maybe it's because I've never had that kind of money to play with. Maybe it's because most of the people I know with that kind of money generally make me sick. Maybe it's because I'm un-American in that way.

Maybe it's because I'm the only one that thinks such things.

I dunno.

Finlands finest said...

I like the indoor/outdoor patio idea! Quite honestly though, I have no clue what I would do with all of that space, not that I wouldn't want it, just wouldn't know what to do with it!!!

Karen said...

oh these houses were so ridiculous that no person, even with a dozen kids, would need this much space. It's really obnoxious (but fun to dream!).

Viki said...

I'm going to echo Tom on this. As much as I love being back in the states, it now strikes me even more how wasteful Americans are...with space, and with everything else!

Mamma Sarah said...

Seems like this could be a home that 6 women could actually live together in and have PLENTY of space... can you imagine if we only had a shower that big... hmmm... maybe none of us would have needed to get married. LOL!

I agree on the waste thing. The little girl's room and playroom were awesome though. I think that even as a grown-up I would be spending all my time in there.

LisaMarie said...

I would just like to say that I LOVE being an American and if we're wasteful, then so be it. And I don't think I single one of you would say no if someone offered you one of these homes for free....=P

Ps. You can all come visit me in mine someday....LOL!