Monday, June 12, 2006

Kick Ass Weekend

Updated With Pictures (see end)

I found when I went back and reread this it was super-choppy. I thought about going back and editing it to sound all fluid and great like Viki's recap but realized that this was how the weekend went for me- packed with lots of activities non-stop. There was no time during the weekend to be calm- there was too much to do with my friends!!- so I left the post just as I wrote it... Rambling and fun.

This weekend was W-I-L-D. Friday night I had dinner with Sarah W and Jim and then Viki and Sarah F came within 15 minutes of each other (both drove over 7.5 hours to come visit! How fabulous are they?!). We went to a hilarious party at Megan's with just the girls where treacherous things happened that I won't speak of in public but will forever keep in my memory and smile about for years (Sarah F's "tea" incident and Viki's flip are now burned in my mind for all time!) He hhehe.

We stayed up late and I cooked the Sarahs grilled cheese. We finally hit the sack around 2. I didn't sleep particularly well because I was worried I'd forget to set up Viki's tae bo in the morning and I didn't want to be a bad hostess. I'm such a dork. Anyway, we ate strawberry pancakes and gossiped and giggled. I was reminded again how much I really love these women and how lucky I am to have friends like them.

Saturday night I went to Jonathon's party for an hour then headed to Dayton for the official reunion. 5 years... where did the time go?! We had an awesome dinner at Lisa's and then went to the Porch Party on campus. Holy crap was that fun. There were these huge tents and about 500 people in attendance. The band was awesome. I taught some older alums how to play flip cup and at one point we had 16 people per side competing. Lisa dubbed me the "cup whisperer" for teaching them the tricks of the trade. Then I went to the bathroom in the mens room because the women's line was too long. Most everyone was having a great time and acting like idiots. I felt like I was back at college!! It was amazing.

I was thrilled Lisa came out again to the Fieldhouse for late night drinks and I finagled Sarah a free birthday beer from the 'tender. I proceeded to profusely tell my friends how great they were and they made fun of me for being so over-the-top. We called Trey and laughed until my sides hurt. I remembered this chick Amanda that I forgot existed and all I could remember about her was how she got me in trouble in Daytona. OK, encouraged me to get myself in trouble in Daytona... The memories! it was great to just remember!!

In totality, the weekend was great but so exhausting. How did I do that every weekend for 4 years?! Thank God I get a 5 year hiatus from a repeat though it'll take me that long to recover! It was wonderful to see everyone again and to spend time with them in general. I think it was more special because we aren't together anymore and this really was a treat.

Andy's Pictures (you'll have to cut & paste into your browser): http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyud01/

album?.dir=bbfdscd&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/andyud01/my_photos

Sarah's Pictures: www.clarinetsw.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for a super weekend... man... what am I going to blog about????!!???

Anonymous said...

Glad everyone had fun at my house Friday... I was super nervous as this was the first party I hosted by myself - being the fine adult I am and all. I thought it was pretty successful and I too will remember some of those absolutly crazy moments forever!

Viki said...

Yeah for the weekend - I don't think your post was choppy either. I just did mine the way I did because it was the easiest way for me to write a lot in a short amount of time. :-)

Loved the weekend - thanks again for setting up Tae-bo for me. :-)

TreyJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TreyJ said...

Loved the phone call! For once it was fun to be on the receiving end of the late night drunk phone call. As an added plus, I got to talk to not one, but several (I lost count) hot girls! Woo hoo!

Viki said...

Love Andy's pictures - the last one shows how intent you were in teaching the old people how to play flip cup. :-)