Friday, January 02, 2009

year in review

Following tradition from the past 4 years, here’s this past year’s recap.

Age: 29 (I am ALREADY planning my 30th birthday party)
Weight: 151 (ok, for the record I get a bye because that was my weight at the doctor, fully dressed and 15 weeks pregnant. BEFORE I got knocked up I was 139)
Height: 5’6”
Hair: Blonde

NYE Activities: We babysat Ryann and watched the girls play until 9:15. Then we watched two episodes of Heroes on DVD, Dick Clark for 3 minutes, kissed, and talked in bed until Mike/Lindsay came. Didn’t miss the festivities of going out at all which probably makes Mike’s statement of “you’re more like Grandma and Grandpa all the time” true.

Best Of…
Movie: I really enjoyed Meet the Robisons and was pleasantly surprised by Hancock
Song: Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
Friend of the year: Jenna. She arrived on the scene in the first part of the year and I really enjoyed getting to know her better throughout. From the sound of it she’ll be around for quite a while (she’s living with my brother Greg).

Most fun thing of 2008: Finding out we were pregnant again. Our free vacation in the Caribbean. Watching Nicole learn.
Most disappointing thing of 2008: the paycut I took for the new job. An ego bruise by choice is still painful but I’m hoping it proves worth it through this year.
Most Impressive: Nicole’s progress in every possible area.

Looking to 2009…
Most Anticipated Thing: losing my sanity while raising two kids… it’s time for man-on-man defense as they say
Most Nervous About: being one of those people who becomes kid-crazy and loses their own individuality
Goal: plans for our next big house project complete (deck? Back lot? Basement? Porch?). Even if it doesn’t get done this year I want to know what the plan is.
Resolution: Same as last year: To continue to put Nicole and Jim first. Nicole: Leaving work on time, to continue to help her learn and develop. Jim: to go on dates, remind him how much I love him on a daily basis, not nag

8 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Meet the Robinsons is one of my all time favorite movies. I cry at the end EVERY time!

Dale said...

You mean a man-to-man defense? You might want to try a zone defense at times too.

Jenna said...

Karen - to answer your question, "How long till Cincy is home?" It just became home for me.

I've loved every minute that we've gotten to spend together, and because I love it so much and we do so little of it, I think my resolution to you is spend more time together.

I feel so welcomed and unguarded around you. You bring great meaning to the term "sister" even if Greg and I aren't married... Maybe I'll just propose to you being my sister instead? Or for the short term anyway... Thanks, xoxo.

Anonymous said...

I love it!! :) I hope 2009 is everything you hope for.

Viki said...

Seeing as I'm usually a very reflective person, I should do one of these. Then again, I'm not finished sending the last of the Christmas cards...

I hope this year is your best yet. Everything else aside, I'm feeling far less old approaching 30 than I thought I would. :-)

Martha said...

My NYE was equivilently exciting as yours. I enjoyed mine, so I think yours sounds nice, too. :)

I enjoy reading these recaps. I'm not reflective enough to do a whole one (although, I guess I did summarize my 2008, but more b/c I was glad to see it in the past).

So what's on the plate for your 30th bday? I'm not planning MINE yet (enjoying still being in the 20's) and mines nearly 4 month's before yours).

Finlands finest said...

I love that Martha has such a good memory to know off the top of her head when everyone's birthdays are...

LisaMarie said...

Are you going to have a super huge bash? I'm OBVIOUSLY invited, so should I book a babysitter now? I'm assuming that this will be an adult only affair...something wild and crazy and totally inappropriate for kids? LOL!