Friday, January 09, 2009

Movie Reviews

We’ve watched several movies lately. One I can’t even remember and these two:

Pineapple Express (D)- this was rated as a top 10 movie of 2008 by People magazine for its witty humor. It’s about two guys on weed trying to escape the danger they brought upon themselves by being witnessed witnessing a murder (catch that?). Pregnancy or not, it deserved me falling asleep in the middle of it. I didn’t even care how it ended once I woke up.

The Happening (C)- normally a fan of M. Night Shyamalan and his creative twists, I didn’t know anything about this movie when Jim borrowed it from my brother. The plot is that strange things are happening in the Northeast that cause people to go crazy and kill themselves. Mark Walberg and crew work diligently to run away from the completely unexplained phenomenon and save their own lives. Though I felt like it wasn’t headed anywhere during the show I kept waiting with anticipation for the clarification on what the hell was going on to cause this… that never happened so at the end I felt like “that had no point”. Fortunately it was only 80 minutes.


We're making steady progress on Heroes Season 1 and I'm totally hooked! I've predicted several things that are going to happen but it just makes me happy I know the show so well.

4 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I LOVED season 1 of heroes! Let me know when you start season 2 as I missed most of those episodes due to soccer. Made it difficult to watch any of season 3..

Tom said...

Heroes is awesome - season 2 was the stike shortened one so you can tell they rush to tie it up.

Finlands finest said...

Last night I watched Pinapple Express with my date and cracked up through the whole thing! It could have been the sugar high from the Graeters he brought though. I did really think parts were funny. :)

Martha said...

"Pineapple Express" is on my list that I want to see, too.