Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pregnancy Update


I’m now 16 weeks pregnant and this is the first picture of me. This second kid is getting ignored already (I had weekly pictures from weeks 6-41 with Nicole). According to my email updates, the baby is roughly the size of an avocado, 4 ½ inches long. S/he’s busy growing toenails, stretching its arms, and doing backflips.

I can’t feel anything yet and I suspect I have another 2-4 weeks before that will happen. We go for the ultrasound which technically is used to verify that growth is going well, no apparent symptoms of birth defects exist and to clarify the due date. We’ll also be looking to determine the gender at that point. Perhaps I'll take Lisa's cue and wait to be showered with presents before I reveal if it's a boy or a girl? ha!

Thanks to Sarah I have a new injection of maternity clothes into my wardrobe. She has TONS more than last time which is good because my other clothes donator from my previous pregnancy is pregnant now so I didn’t have any of her stuff to wear. The pants are getting to be a must but many of my sweaters are baggy and still okay though not overly fashionable.

I’m feeling great physically and hope it continues!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations of having a great blessings in your life..Your so cute and looks wonderful in your picture with a hidden happiness in your heart.

Martha said...

Yay! The pregnancy photos are beginning!!
So cute! :)

LisaMarie said...

If you're having a boy, I'll buy you a present. If it's a girl, sorry! They have to take Nic's hand-me-downs! LOL!

And I have some maternity clothes you could borrow...oh wait, they'll be way too big for you! Maybe some of my summer stuff will fit you at the end....

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad to know that the clothes are abundant this time around. It helps that I was working this last pregnancy so I HAD to get professional attire. :-) Let me know when you have to go shopping. I love prego clothes shopping. :-D Maybe we'll have to go to the outlet and Lisa can meet us there!

Jenna said...

Oh yea! A baby! Gap distro center has a section for maternity clothes too... Like $2 for Banana pants! I'll go with you if you want.

Anonymous said...

You look Mah-valous Dah-ling!(said with my best accent). I am glad to hear things are going well and Nicole is learning a lot. My little sponge never ceases to amaze me. By the way, he frequently asks about Nicky. Anyway, hugs!!

Jam

Martha said...

Jenna's comment reminds me of the time I went to the Gap distro center with Katie B.

She found a really cute little black dress so we both wanted tried it on. By guaging the size of things, we both needed to try a small.

It made us look 6 months pregnant!!!

after us joking loudly about it in the very full dressing room, she left to find more items. Then she returned in stitches to say the dress was from the maternity section.

And that is the only time I've worn maternity clothes. It was a cute dress, though, even though it made me look pregnant.

LisaMarie said...

The Gap dist. center is def the way to go. Their maternity section has exploded! Even I found pants there for cheap- in talls!! I'm game for a trip down there. I bet Jessica would be too.

Finlands finest said...

You look beautiful! :)

You also made me want guacomole.

I want to know if it is a boy or girl!! Don't be a tease like some people. LOL JK

Mamma Sarah said...

Yeah, no teasing. Either tell or don't tell. :-D