Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween!

Our little Honeybee!
Halloween was a fun day. We got home a little early from work, had dinner and dressed Nicole. She seemed to sense that something bigger was going on and was really in a good mood.

When I took her outside she bounded down the front walk and would not stop to have a formal picture taken (what you see above is one of the few she was actually sitting still for and was taken at 8:30pm post-excitement). We went to all the lit houses while Jim passed out candy. Since she’s not shy she had no problem walking up to people and it only took about 2 houses for her to get the gist of what was going on. By halfway through we had a system – I’d ring the bell and she’d pound on the door.

Lots of “awww’s”, one blue dum-dum lollipop drooled down the front of her costume, and a bucket partially full of stuff Jim and I will mostly eat later, we came home. Jim said there were only about a dozen trick-or-treater’s that came to the door – that’d be 12 more than last year so hooray for progress! I took Nic to Mom and Dad’s and we got home about 9:00. So much excitement led to a 9am wake-up! :) no complaints!

12 comments:

Finlands finest said...

She is absolutely adorable!!

Mamma Sarah said...

:-D How sweet she is!!!

Laura said...

What a cutie bee!

Martha said...

That's the cutest bee I've seen (and by the way, yes, I've seen another bee from that day, so theoretically there was competition. Except the other kid (a boy) is ugly, so Nicole had the advantage anyway.)

Viki said...

Cute, cute, cute!

Katrin said...

She is so cute and I love the mischief in her eyes. I was a bumblebee myself, years ago!! :)

Finlands finest said...

Katrin--the mischief in the eyes is when you know she is Karen's daughter. :)

LisaMarie said...

absolutely adorable! Someday you will show this picture to her husband! :)

Eva said...

what cutie! I must remember that costume for a future granddaughter.....

Mamma Sarah said...

Alex just saw Niki's picture and said "Niki. Bug. Niki Bug." I had to laugh.

Cortny said...

Karen,

Caitlin told me you had a great blog, so I came to check it out. Your daughter is beautiful! What a cute little bee.

Cortny said...

Ah, three comments from me now. I just figured out how your comments work and why they don't show up. Dumb me. All these blogger ones are so different! ;)