Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Prepping for the Holidays

So the new job transition is going. I have 3 demos I'm scheduled to present in a week and a half (one for a major client) and I’ve never done one in my life! I'm getting time sheets from all the guys on a daily basis, and yesterday my art was hung on the walls. Things are starting to settle in…

I LOVE going to my old side of the office - literally a chorus of "I love you, Karen" or "I miss you, Karen"'s ring out. Even our president was taken aback. Other thing that makes me happy: our food bonanza at work where everyone brings in something (often lunch, yesterday was tacos) to share. Today Bryan and Luke (2 of my IT guys) brought in calzone type things. They went out of their way to let me know they specifically made me veggie ones instead of just meat (I noted in a training once they had only ordered "boy pizza" with meat everywhere and not a green thing in sight). I love my co-workers.


-----------------

Thanksgiving is tomorrow. I changed my signature at work to include a little graphic of a pilgrim hat. After work I have to go shopping for the ingredients to waldorf salad (my contribution to the meal tomorrow). I eager to start playing Christmas music and leisurely shop on Friday.

I bought a lot of discounted decorations post-Christmas last year so there’s a lot more to do on Friday in addition to putting up the tree. I have a wreath for each window in the front of the house and garland to adorn all the stairways. I'm keeping my eye on some 4” tall nutcrackers that I want but they’re running about $100/ea even with the half off discount I saw at Garden Ridge. I want them for either side of my fireplace.

Last night we planned (shock I know) what we’re getting everyone for Christmas. Jim wrote everyone’s names down and I had him record the items I’ve already bought and we tried to fill in the holes which was lukewarm successful. Nicole got excited because all the names we kept saying out loud were people she knew so she’d repeat (“Nenna! Nenna! Mary! Mary!”) and look for them on our picture wall.

I probably won’t have time to blog very much so my wishes for a hearty Thanksgiving to you and your family!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought really nice Nutcrackers at of all places, Walmart a few years ago, and put them on each side of our fireplace. They are about 2 feet tall. At that time I believe they ran about $50.00 each and were not on sale. Did you say the ones you wanted were 4 inches tall according to your blog, or did you mean 4 feet tall?..

Anyway you might try there. God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving

Martha said...

did you actually write "leisurely shop" on the Friday after Thankgiving.
Is there anything leisurely to it?! Sounds like stressfull. I know people headed out to sales starting at 11 PM on Thursday. 11 PM. Right. I'll be cozy and sleeping, or maybe going for a second round of pie at 11 PM!!

I must say, I don't think my workplace culture is anything like yours. Nor is other places I've worked. I've never been some place where someone moves to another place within the same building and they get choruses of I love you or I miss you. Didn't you move just a couple ago? Do you get that chorus every Monday when you return from the weekend?!??

Martha said...

and oh yea, HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Jenna said...

Nenna! THAT'S MEEE!!! So - Where you shopping Friday? I'm going to Kohl's first thing (4:00am) for the, ah-hem, gift(s) for Greg... Wanna come?

Laura said...

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving!