Friday, November 21, 2008

First post from the new office

So, I made it. I'm here in the new digs and hopefully it’ll be okay. The office is really big and is on the corner of the building so I have a tremendous view, though it’s behind me. I brought all my furniture so the room’s getting a homier feel to it. It’ll be better when my art’s on the wall and everything’s unpacked.

I also had my first IT meeting as a leader of this new group. I took a list of the first 15 things that need to be accomplished (of course all need to happen right away) and the news was broken to the rest of the company – many of which seemed relieved that someone was going to be taking control.

Still no plan in place for official job transition so I’ll be doing both for several months. Since I didn’t get a phone until 4:55pm and was moving all day, I didn’t get the chance to listen to any of my 18 new messages from the day. I'm not so enthused to listen to them today, truth be told. Ah well… someone else’s problem shortly.

-------------

Happy birthday Tom & Dave!

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Hope you get all settled quickly and find out you like your new digs!

Viki said...

Congrats on the move - corner office! Dude!

I sincerely hope that you are not taking a pay cut while you're doing both jobs. If they're trying to do that to you, contact your HR department - that's really NOT COOL. If things go really well during the "transition", maybe they'll figure out that they shouldn't be cutting your salary at all.

Martha said...

good luck! sounds exciting - new things to do. :)

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm with Viki! Make sure you're getting compensated right until your replacement takes over.

Glad to hear that moving wasn't too bad and you'll be hitting the ground running. :-D

Sarah said...

I agree, if you are being expected to handle the responsibilities of two positions you should be compensated appropriately.