Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend of 1/18/08

I had a WONDERFUL weekend. Really, it couldn't have gotten much better. Here are the highlights:

  • I decided to upgrade my wardrobe as it’s been a l-o-n-g time since I’ve bought some basics and some of my clothes have shown the wear and tear of years in the washing machine. I bought a pair of pants at LNY on clearance for $6. $6!! That’s amazing in and of itself. Icing on the cake – I can wear a size 6 now! It's been since sophomore year of UD since that happened!
  • I picked up Nicole’s photos from JC Penney Portraits and they are better than I remembered!
  • Taking Dave S’s suggestion Jim and I watched Superbad on Friday night. Very funny movie and gets a B+.
  • Nicole was feeling sick and let us sleep in until about 8am on Saturday morning!
  • Lindsay and Mike asked us to babysit Ryann (our niece) and Rambo (our nephew-dog) on Saturday night. She was so good and Rambo and I cuddled for hours. Only negative was that Ryann woke up at 12:30 and after some quality People Magazine reading she fell back asleep. When I moved her back to the pack-and-play she was drifting in and out of sleep. I just knew she’d get me by crying out when her parents walked through the door. She didn’t disappoint! It’s amazing how little kids know how to be so good then make you look bad just at the right moment.
  • We had a walk-through on Saturday morning of the old house and … *DRUM ROLL* an offer on it by 4:00 that same afternoon. We negotiated back and forth 2X each and settled at 2:00 on Sunday afternoon. Papers were signed that same evening, the home inspection is going on right now, and we’re set to close on Valentine’s Day. HOORAY!!!!
  • To celebrate the house closing Jim and I went to one of his favorite haunts, Red Lobster, where I had one of the best experiences there ever: blackened tilapia and crab legs!! I also splurged and ordered a Lava Flow (pina colada with strawberry) which brought back wonderful memories of my honeymoon.
  • Once we were home from dinner and Nic was bathed and put to bed I took a luxurious bubble bath in my big tub and finished reading People. Doesn’t get much better than that unless it was candlelit.

I am SOOOOOO happy with life right now!!!

8 comments:

LisaMarie said...

HOORAY ON SELLING THE HOUSE! It must have been that kind of weekend....our neighbors across the street hung their sale pending sign out last night! It's feels great to get that weight off, doesn't it?

And the feel of getting an offer is just so freaking exciting. It's such a large amoung to money, say compared to Ebay, that you're ecstatic! :)

Megs said...

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is so exciting!1 All of it!! You told me about the size 6 today in the sales meeting but you failed to mention the house selling!! I'd be bouncing off the walls!! I would say the lava flow was more than deserved!

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!! That is so great about the house! That's a wonderful Valentine's Day gift :-) Thanks again for watching my two babies and I am glad they were so good for you.

Martha said...

WAHOO! That's fabulous!

I went looking at houses (ok, condos) this weekend.
Lets see. There was one that was OUT of my price range.
The project housing in Over the Rhine looked safer and more appealing than these.
Also, the rental units in Lexington where "migrant workers" house like 20 people per unit, looked nicer than these.
I didn't get out of the car. I just said: "no way, uh uh, no no nono". Other houses I can't afford: a trailer/shack that apparently was priced due to the 0.2 acres. 0.2 acres put it out of my price range b/c that's "a lot of land"???
Anyway. sorry. I'm putting a damper on your fabulous weekend.

YAY FOR YOU!

Mamma Sarah said...

Congrats on getting the offer on the house. :-)

Sounds like a great weekend!

Finlands finest said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend overall. I am sooo happy to hear you sold your house! That's wonderful, 2 mortgages suck!

I smiled when I read about your shopping experience. How wonderful, sales and smaller sizes!

Viki said...

Congrats on selling the house, finding $6 pants, and I'm happy that you had such a good weekend. :-)

Martha, cheer up - purchasing a dwelling will become affordable for you when you least expect it...

RandomBitsofDigitalFlotsam said...

I am sooooo happy for you selling your house! That has to be a big weight off your shoulders!