Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And now for the swimsuit portion of our competition...

As mentioned, my company is going on a Caribbean cruise this June/July. In preparation for it, and celebration of having my figure back, I started the quest for a work-appropriate bathing suit. I'm looking for something flattering, bikini-style, that’s tasteful yet leaves my husband smiling.

I got a VS email about the new swimwear line out for this summer and spent about 3 minutes going through it…. While there were styles I liked, it’s hard to envision what will really work on MY body-type. Though I'm down to a 6 or Medium, my shape is not that of the models. For example, I like this suit, but will NEVER look like this in it;

not the pose, the smirk, the tits, the abs, or the toned legs. Who DOES look like this in real life??

If she does really exist she better not be on my cruise….

Side note: even I, a woman, have a hard time actually seeing the bathing suit in this picture! My eyes dart immediately from cleavage to six pack back to cleavage and then I actually notice the suit! This would definitely leave Jim smiling....

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you just wish that they would put real women in these catalogs??? unless of course the body came with the swimsuit then i wouldn't mind the women they put in now :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Ha! I like the suit! The girl is rather pretty herself and I'm sure Jim would have a smile you couldn't wipe off his face for YEARS!

Finlands finest said...

I like the tankini top myself.

I do not have the cleavage for this. I am hoping to have the abs by summer. :) Maybe I could buy the cleavage then model swim wear :)

Dale said...

What swimsuit?

Dale said...

By the way I saw your brother Mike today at lunch at Larosa's... Funny how he works closer to my parking lot than I do and this is the first time I saw him!

Katharine said...

I don't believe it is possible to find a "work appropriate" bikini. Unless you work at Victoria's Secret. I would recommend a tankini, a one piece, or a wetsuit!

Finlands finest said...

HAHA Dale!

Laura said...

Wait a minute...I thought that was a pic of you trying on the suit :)

Finlands finest said...

No matter what you wear, you will leave Jim smiling. You are amazing, intelligent, fun, sexy, and beautiful, what more could a guy ask for??

Viki said...

You will leave Jim smiling, I'm sure. For work, I would recommend a bikini top with a bottom that comes with a little skirt/wrap?

gtemp032@gmail.com said...

I need to get me one of those!

LisaMarie said...

I, too, saw tits first. Those are some big mothers aren't they!?!?!

Katrin said...

As for the realness of this girl. Can you say "photoshop"? Or "airbrush"? Or "don't do anything all day but work out and tan?" Or "I only eat vegetables without fat"? :)
I think Viki's bikini idea would be good for a company outing.

Viki said...

Amen Katrin