Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eating Success- Finally!

Nicole playing with her daddy.

The kid refuses to eat rice cereal. I tried it, it’s really not that bad. Not sure why she purses her lips and digs her chin in her chest to avoid it. She even tries to whine with her mouth closed as she knows I’ll fill it up with a spoon if she opens it.

Last night while I was at class Jim fed her pureed bananas and *BAM* that was it. Kid loves bananas. Down with veggies, give her the fruit. Jim was the sweetest husband ever and, knowing I’d be sad to have missed it, he videoed her eating. I was thrilled to watch as 1) I’ve never seen her so willing to eat solids and 2) she was already asleep by the time I got home from class. : (

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can also mix in fruit with her cereal. Most kids will eat the cereal then. Guess they love the sweet taste over just the rice taste!

Finlands finest said...

Fruit, now you're talking!! See, I knew what she wanted :)

Glad Jim found her good solid food!

Martha said...

That was nice of him to tape it. What time do you get back from teaching?

Maybe she has an intolerance to rice (don't you just love me for putting that idea in your mind??). Or just doesn't like it. I'd always imagined rice cereal to be slightly sweet. What does it taste like?

Mamma Sarah said...

Martha stole my comment. Try another cereal or different brand...

Karen said...

the rice was sweet but kind of bland (as in no flavor of note). This morning i gave her tablespoon of banana to mix with the cereal so hopefully that goes well.

Marsha (babysitter) suggested putting the "bad" stuff on the back of the spoon and the "good" stuff on the front so it's the first thing they taste.

Laura said...

You thought the rice cereal tasted good? We had some we got for free and I tried it, gagged and threw it away...tasted like snot, this coming from someone who eats rice-everything! Bananas would be much better, mmmmm. And that picture of Nicole smiling is super cute!

Sarah said...

How exciting! I agree with Nicole, I'll take bananas over cereal!

And the picture is fantastic, I love it!

TreyJ said...

I say skip the rice, cereal, etc. and go for the Good Morning Burger (see my post in Martha's blog for more info).