Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007 Review

Following tradition from the past 3 years, here’s this past year’s recap.

Age: 28
Weight: 140
Height 5’6”
Hair: Blonde

NYE Activities: We turned down 4 invites to go out but ended up hitting up one party (Sean & Anne Murphy’s) for about an hour and a half. We were home by 9 however to put Nicole to bed as near to her normal bedtime as possible. The rest of the night we watched the last two episodes of The Sopranos with a short intermission for the ball drop and required kiss.

Best Of…
Movie: uhhhh… this year we were sorely lacking in this department and I can hardly remember what I saw at all! Wild Hogs was good, I recall that…
Song: So Small by Carrie Underwood
Friend of the year: The Sturgises. We hung out with both couples (Tom/Meghan and Dave/Rachel) so much more this year than ever before. I'm REALLY glad we’ve gotten to know them better and hope it continues through ’08!

Most fun thing of 2007: Watching Nicole do cute things like wiggle her whole body in excitement when she sees us for the first time in the morning.
Most disappointing thing of 2007: Not selling our house – 2 mortgage payments SUCK
Most Impressive: How many weddings we attended! Dave/Rachel, Mike/Lindsay, Geoff/Roswitha, Dave/Carole, Sarah/Brian, etc.- we already have 3 lined up for the first four months of ‘08

Looking to 2008…
Most Anticipated Thing: Selling the Fairfield house so we can buy a new car
Most Nervous About: Not so much nervous, more anxious…. The concept of stopping nursing Nicole, having only a few months off, and starting this whole baby thing all over again in the fall
Goal: To make the house nearly all decorated by the end of the year

Resolution: To continue to put Nicole and Jim first. Nicole: Leaving work on time, insisting on naps at daycare so I can play with her in the evenings, to continue to help her learn and develop. Jim: to go on dates, remind him how much I love him on a daily basis, not nag

7 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like your resolutions, but don't forget to add have a girls lunch biweekly with Jen, Megs, and Carol :)

Anonymous said...

and bimonthly with Martha. ;)

Anonymous said...

aw, we LOVED hanging out with you guys, too! we need to get together more and more and more!!!

LisaMarie said...

Start the baby thing all over again?!?!?! Dude, I'm totally getting lapped! Plus, I can't believe how old Nicole already is! To think that when you actually start trying again in the fall she'll be over a year old.....that's so CRAZY!!!

Mamma Sarah said...

STARTING OVER IN THE FALL!!!! :-D You have no idea how I squeeled when I read that! :-D

Sarah said...

I think your list is fabulous. Good luck with the house sale and decorating the new place!

Dale said...

Hey this was one of the things we learned in our training... it's called Homeward bound. You're supposed to ask yourself these questions on your way to the car:

1. What did I learn today that's valuable?
2. What did I do well today?
3. What are the 3 greatest blessings in my life?
4. How can I be the best mom/dad/spouse or friend tonight?

http://www.pathwaystoleadership.com/homeward_bound/index.html